Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: better sights for my AK

Feedback Score

I am currently using the Beryl rail on my AK and I love it. It's tight and secure and stays in place. I have my optics mounted on it. Only problem comes in dismantling the thing for cleaning, then you have to remove the back screw and then optics and all flips forward.
    Just my two cents worth.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this one don't need to be unscrwed . its pricy but its also solid steel an close to a true beryl but uses a standard RSB
    22515 Beryl Rail Mount - AK47 & Saiga Rail Mount [22515] - $153.99 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

all of these use a little pin in the front. the triple hinge of the one would be likely the strongest. I almost laughed when they said its patentied . I guess

the ones that use just a screw on the tang can be had for about $30 an up some have a flip up sight included for $40 or so. some have side rails an other stuff.

any thing that touches the receiver or tang etc is going to have issues for true accuracy issues . IMO if you want to shoo these accurately you need the rail away from the receiver . I make custom cantilever set ups for my builds were I want to use scopes an expect sub moa performance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I go this route if I want it to really be good on long range stuff with a true scope.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f43/better-ak-sight-71469/

I could add a flip up sight if I wanted I suspose. my eyes don't focuse up close any more so a iron mounted in the middle of the dust cover might be the best for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there out but a interesting option don't have to take screw out . cheaper also

its channeled as well for see through irons an a dot above.

Polish Beryl Picatinny Rail for Top Cover, Radom, RTG Gun Parts

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HK site on rear cover discussion there are commercial ones as well. its what id do for just irons if I could focuse on it ok.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f3/tech-...ght-aks-56373/

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Dario you don't need to apologize, just wanted to make sure what product you were asking advice for, didn't want to (or have anyone else) give any advice on an unknown product.

Both of the ones you asked about in the first post are good product from the reveiws I've read, I'd just get the one you like. I like the look of the TWS one, but that's my opinion.
    Maybe doing a YouTube search on both of those will help you decide?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

The Texas set up looks good. The one I have is a beryl style that replaces the rear sight and then screws on at the stock screw. You have to unscrew it to clean the weapon, but the screw lines everything back up when you are finished. Mine holds pretty true even after multiple cleanings. P.S. My eyes are bad so I need a scope, and my mount never had a peep sight on it. Got mine a long time ago from Valley Arms? way back east.

Feedback Score

One reason I would like to have a Picatiinny rail on my AK would be to have the ability to use optical devices. My old eyes are pretty tired. I think a 4 power scope, or possibly, a Red Dot sight would be a great improvement for me. I don't want a big heavy scope that would detract from the handiness of this rifle.

Feedback Score

I went with the Midwest Industries Handguards to scout mount a red dot and I couldn't be happier especially becasue they make a top cover that can mount just about any of the most popular red dot sights. They also sell the mini red dot mounts that replaces the rear sight that is sort of like 1biggun's mount but not as cool.

But I definitely think TWS makes a good option for mounting a scope low to the receiver. But if Red dot is where you are leaning there are cheaper options if money is something you consider.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Both the parabellum and texas dog leg are well made. I own both of them and would be hard pressed to choose which one is better. The parabellum cover is steel vs aluminum on the texas for what its worth. The texas has a longer sight radius. Both have rear sights that could be just a bit shorter in height but its not a deal breaker. Each has its own advantages.

If only iron sights are needed, I would opt for the meprolight tritium sights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.