Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: better sights for my AK

Feedback Score

Default better sights for my AK

One of my favorite “toys” is a Romanian WASR 10/63M AK47. It has had a few modification before I acquired it. It has a Tapco folding stock and a Galil style handguard. I like this little jewel really well, but, I think that there is room for improvement.
    I would like to have better sights than the stock sights that come from the factory. I have found 2 replacement rear sights that I believe will improve my accuracy.
    One is made by Tech-Sights. It is mounted on a rear action cover. It is simple to replace-off with the old and on with the new! I would then have an Aperature (peep) sight with a longer sight radius. I’m sure that there would be a great increase in .accuracy. There are two types-one is click adjustable for windage only-you would adjust elevation with the front sight. This sight sells for $110. The other adjust for both windage and elevation. It sells for $125. I believe that either would be a great addition to my rifle.
    Also, J&G Sales offers a replacement action cover with a peep sight and picatinny rail on it. I really like the looks of this. With the rail you could mount optical devices such as scopes or red dot sights. For the AKM-47 it sells for 169.95. I think that the picatinny rail would be worth the extra money.
    I wonder if anybody here has any experience with these? I would like to hear what others think about these products.

[url=http://www.Tech-SIGHTS.com

[url=http://www.jgsales.com

Feedback Score

Ameriglo makes a good sight of sets. XS is another place to look too. Unless you are looking for optics that is a whole nother ball of wax.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY ID LOOK FOR SOME THING YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR COVER . THE WINDAGE ADJSUTMENT SHOULD NOT BE NEEDED IMO AS YOU CAN ADJUST THE FRONT EASY ENOUGH. AS FAR AS OPTICS ON THE DUST COVER ITS A BAD IDEA IMO . THERE ARE MANY FLIP UP AR TYPE SIGHTS THAT GO ON A RAIL IF THERE LOW ENOUGH MIGHT WORK ON A COVER WITH A RAIL .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Got an actual link to the one at J&G? I looked but didn't see the one your talking about, the URL is their home page.

I've heard some good things about the Tech-Sights one, I'm sure it was talked about on here too, but never got to check one out first hand.

As mentioned, having a rail on the top cover doesn't always work out well if the top cover has any movement, if they do mount tight I'd only use it for a red dot, it will never hold zero good enough for an actual scope.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    As mentioned, having a rail on the top cover doesn't always work out well if the top cover has any movement, if they do mount tight I'd only use it for a red dot, it will never hold zero good enough for an actual scope.
    +1,

Unless you are talking about this:

.Texas Weapon Systems, Dog Leg scope rail

Texas Weapon Systems AK47 solutions

This one the rails are actually machined into the top cover and replaces the Leaf Sight with a peep hole sight on the rear of the top cover. This set up costs a little too much $$$ for some. It is the most solid one I have ever used (on a buddy's rifle).

There is also this one

Parabellum Armament AK Adaptive Rail System

But I have never used that one so I can't give a "yay" or "nay" on it.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Those Texas Weapon Systems options look pretty solid, better than what I currently have on my AK. I am thinking the optics I have are too high/don't have a big enough viewing area to be as effective as I would like. I am going to have to start looking around for another set of optics me thinks.

Feedback Score

I'm sorry. I should have written the name of the sight from J&G Sales. It is made by Texas Weapons systems as a couple of others have mentioned. It is called the "Dog Leg Picatinny Rail Mount, Gen. 2." I'll try to be a little more thorough with my writing in the future.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Seems like there was an easy way to install a H&K site on the rear cover. All those beryl type rails require undoing the end to flip them up to service the gun. I have one on my weiger clone not super happy with it.

Some one needs t sell a peep that just goes on the stock tang.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The Texas set up is interesting

To bad a rifle scope won't work as it wold hit when fliped up.

Would be ok on a red dot at short range one bump an that rear lock set up is coin so move its just sheet metal when all is said an done

Imo the cheap beryl style rails that screw to the tang are more secure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.