Gunco Forums banner

egyptian kits in stock for $300

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Sprat 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I still have some on backorder at Sportsmans guide for $225.00. I'll take my chances on those before dropping $300.00 for the same barrel less kit.

#5 ·
yep

i keep reading about the new guys who don't have kits so here they are,
these are nice looking kits and again the east german technicians help set up the plant so you can see the influence,
if i did not enough builds I would be tempted

#7 ·
I bought one when it was 199 with a magazine. ended up putting the folding stock on my romy, threw the romy stock into the kit, included a copes barrel and sold it for $350. Which may sound high but I dont think its really that high considering what other kits are selling for. jim

#9 ·
My problem is that I don't like folding stocks. If I get the kits I have on back order, I'll throw the folders in the mudhole & put fixed wood on them.

#10 ·
DAMN!! With the kit prices for one with no receiver or barrel for 300 makes my Egyptian made one (built), built in Egypt, G-2 trigger group, a scope mount, scope, 2 mags and a CNC Warrior AK74 break in the original box with paperwork, with a reserve of 800,,,,,, look like a steal!!!

Ya Ya I know,, to much,, but figure it out,,, kit 300, barrel(if you can find one 150-200),, receiver 100ish , if you can find one of those also, misc. compliant parts, assembly and refinish,,,, Hell your already at about 600+++,, for A KIT,, when you have all the parts ready to build.

I lowered the reserve the other day to 800,,, but maybe I shouldn't have,,,,,,

#11 ·
The Egyptian kits are OK. The crutch stocks used to be very pricey. But now., still worth $100. They are unique AKM's in certain markings and features.
The Egyptian fit & finish is average to below.
Thought they seemingly got help from the USSR, East Germany and Romania., their sense of quality and manufacturing abilites do not reflect that influence in any meaningful way.
But a kit is a kit in today's panic market.:)

#14 ·
Eqyptian Kits

Picked one up, not in the AK game till now. I know its late to be doing this but I been wearing out the AR's for years. Hope this turns out ok, at worst should be able to resell and not take too bad a whipping. On other hand, may be like a piece of gold in the future.

Fnsane

#20 ·
I would reccomend buying a 100% receiver from Nodak or one of the other quality makers for your first build. It may be tempting to buy a flat or one of the crappy polish blanks being sold for cheap. But you will save soooo much aggravation & you will have in your hand a perfect receiver to learn on. THEN on your next builds it will be SOOOOOO much easier to try to make your own.Check Copes or Apex for a barrel. You will also need a bunch of U.S.A. made parts to be 922r compliant & legal.

#21 ·
So, I get any AK 47 style AKM 80% blank and have at it? Anything else I should particularly know about in the acquisition of parts etc. Such as a particular barrell etc.
What he said, I agree with getting a 100% receiver for the first build or even if you just plan to do just one build, a lot less aggravating.
But yes any AKM receiver, blank or flat will work.

As for the barrel, any AKM barrel will work. If you get a kit and want to make sure which barrel, just ask and you'll get an answer.

Welcome to the forum
And no need to be sorry, just remind us your new to this, because we will forget :D

#22 ·
Hey guys I am new here also.

Owned a WASR10 a few years back(that I paid $400? for), sold it out of haste for other toys and I'm regretting it every day. I am going to give it a shot at a fixed stalk build, I can't afford to buy a kit at the moment so I have been steadily acquiring parts(sticking to Rom since they are readily avaliable). I realize this will be more expensive all said and done but with the current climate I don't feel bad about building an arguably nicer gun for +/- $600 when I see this crap selling for $1200 on gunbroker.

I am going to attempt my own receiver. I don't have any experience in it but I consider myself above average for mechanical inclination/fabrication, plus I thoroughly enjoy building things.

This is a great site, pretty much every question I have googled has landed me here!

#24 ·
Hey guys I am new here also.

I am going to attempt my own receiver. I don't have any experience in it but I consider myself above average for mechanical inclination/fabrication, plus I thoroughly enjoy building things.

This is a great site, pretty much every question I have googled has landed me here!
Welcome Jim.
Go for it, there is plenty of help here if you need it.
Thanks for the compliment, We have a very knowledgeable group of guys here. Pretty tough to stump this bunch.

#23 ·
welcome to the site

I like your attitude, I salute your attitude, you can do anything you set your mind too , you can build anything you want if you thinkit through and have the desire to do what you have to build. don't be in a hurry and take you time after your first build its all up hill regardless of the build

feel free to pick our collective brains, some of us or most of us have many many years experience and are also on other related sites, I don't care about post count, I care about talent and it will show by your building and comments

now start building

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.