Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: AK 47 WASR 10" 7.62x39 to 223

Feedback Score

Just found a picture of a Bulgarian 223 Trunnion. On the top left hand side there is a 24 stamped exactly like mine. That answers a lot of questions for me, Bullet guide is also most likely 223-5.56.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    That does look a lot like a 5.56/223 bullet guide, look here and you can click on the pic to see it larger.
    The Largest AK-47/74 Rifle...

So you did confirm that the barrel is 22mm at the chamber?

Is the barrel cut in front of the gas block area? Is it cut or damaged anywhere else?
    I'm asking because I'm trying to think of a use for it
    I had to cut into each weld about a 1/4 inch to get it to break loose, the barrel is probably scrap. I thought about that too making a pistol but the barrel was discolored a good 1/4 inch at each weld.

Feedback Score

The barrel is a 22mm, there is a 223, 5.56 barrel on the same web site that is 23 mm. I am tempted to buy it and get it turned down to the same size the one I took out was. The steps should be the same so all my barrel accessories should work. I hate to pay that much for a barrel but hey, whats a guy to do?
    Last edited by lscheibenberger; 04-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

that sucks about the welds, but at least you noticed it and sounds like you used good judgement too.

If it comes down to it, you might be stuck getting that 23mm barrel and have it turned down. Hope you can find a direct replacement though.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Wow, already have my receiver in hand, Just made the corrections to the order yesterday, shipped same day, delivered today. NoDak Spud delivered the NDS-2 EZ
    in beautiful shape, ready to put togeather. One day ground ship UPS.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah he's a good guy, what's nice too with him is if there's a delay he'll let you know and give a good estimate of how long, not like some of these places that just take your money and ignore you.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Coils, i have another problem now, the rear trunnion is an ak47 trunnion and I need an ak74 trunnion. the bottom hole is farther back on the 74. I'd like to trade this one for a 74.
    I could weld a piece on this one and drill another hole but would rather have the right trunnion. do I just start a new thread and offer the trade?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That is a problem, I don't think I have one but I'll look.
    You can put up a trade ad in the classifieds, but you should also have a pic of what your trading.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.