Gunco Forums banner

AK 47 WASR 10" 7.62x39 to 223

10K views 97 replies 7 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking at this AK 47. It was at a good price and it comes with a lot of stuff including the original cleaning kit with oil can and bayonet. I would like to know what it takes to convert the 7.62x39 to the 223. It is a Romanian build. I have a Romanian build on a Hesse receiver, can I move the barrel, receiver and bolt to the AK 47 WASR 10?

#94 ·
that sucks about the welds, but at least you noticed it and sounds like you used good judgement too.

If it comes down to it, you might be stuck getting that 23mm barrel and have it turned down. Hope you can find a direct replacement though.

#96 ·
Yeah he's a good guy, what's nice too with him is if there's a delay he'll let you know and give a good estimate of how long, not like some of these places that just take your money and ignore you.

#97 ·
Coils, i have another problem now, the rear trunnion is an ak47 trunnion and I need an ak74 trunnion. the bottom hole is farther back on the 74. I'd like to trade this one for a 74.
I could weld a piece on this one and drill another hole but would rather have the right trunnion. do I just start a new thread and offer the trade?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.