Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: AK 47 WASR 10" 7.62x39 to 223

Feedback Score

Parts, spring, trigger, all lower parts look new and well oiled. I can drop the bolt in by itself and it moves smooth and free in the carrier and out. The firing pin is free but nothing sticks out until you push hard on the strike area. The go guage goes in and the bolt rotates down til the lug is just about touching the trunion. If I put a good round in the bolt and drop it in the bolt does not rotate in without help. The magazines all fit in snug, no play, they go up and sit against the lower sides of the lower rails, the hammer spring has three wraps on each side and looks good. I have two European 30 rd mags, one like new composit mag made in Bulgaria and two 20rd Tapco 233 plastic mags. The latter three work good when it fires. Throws the empties about 20 feet behind and to my right.
    My wife's family is here for 3 days and I've just been told to stop this so it may be 3 days before I get more pictures taken. Thanks a lot for the help.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The firing pin is free but nothing sticks out until you push hard on the strike area.

unless its a spring loaded pin an rommys are not the pin needs to be free not hard to push . you need to disassemble the bolt an clean it . just tipping the bltl back sn forth should make it slide .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I heard to day a lot of the hesse guns that were wled build were made from milled recvier stubs milled down to work like stamped trunions yours dot look like that but who knows .

do you have a small stem or large stem bolt? all the Rommy 223 blts Ihave ever seen are not spring loaded an the pin should move under gravity . an should also be shot with ammo with harder primers to prevent slam fires .

I think you gun don't go bang because the pin is sticking .

Feedback Score

OP has a 7.62 kit on a .223 receiver according to his description.
    +1 on disassembling the bolt for inspection and cleaning.
    Headspace sounds a bit tight but not the culprit as long as the bolt goes into battery/lockup. Lapping the rear of the bolt lugs can fix any minor binding since you are within .001" +/- of fitment. May not be necessary.

Feedback Score

Default WASR AK47

here are a few more pictures. I'm going to have to have help, how do you disassemble the bolt. mine has a spring in there holding the firing pin away from battery. You have to push hard on the end of the bolt stem in order to feel it move and I can't even pust it out far enough to see the pin protrude.

There are two little half moon holes on the stem end. looks like two small pins on the firing pin end.
    IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

This will help you get the bolt apart. You might need to tap it though, I haven't seen too many push out as easily as his did.

Feedback Score

I can see a pin that is holding in the extractor, but I don't think that is holding the firing pin in. Here are some more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Here are the rest of the pictures. The last three are the european mag that won't let the bolt move back to load a round.the mag that has a 5 and "made in Bulgaria"on it is the one that works fine when it fires.

Feedback Score

Sorry I missed getting the Bulgy 5rnd mag in the last post, here they are.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    This will help you get the bolt apart. You might need to tap it though, I haven't seen too many push out as easily as his did.
    AK 47 Bolt disassembly and reassembly - YouTube
    That helps a lot. At Least I know which pin will let the firing pin come out. I think I see how it comes apart now. You can see the dent in the firing pin head in the pictures. I think biggun is right, it is stuck.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.