Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: AK 47 WASR 10" 7.62x39 to 223

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

You have to remove and replace the pins in the right order. \

There is no spring, is there? (other than extractor)

More than likely it should be a free floating pin that rattles if you shake it. Same w/ SKS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

your showing a 7.62x39 mag the 30 rounder an what appears to be a bulgy 223 mag the short one

the steel curved 7.62x39 mag will not work correctly if at all for this gun an im surprised it even fits. sell it or trade it or send it to me LOL

is this gun a 223 or a 7.62x39?????? Im assuming its 223. two of the mags are 223

there are no spring loaded 7.62 x 39 firning pin bolts I know of. an you appear to have one so its a 223 .

You have to push hard on the end of the bolt stem in order to feel it move and I can't even pust it out far enough to see the pin protrude.

the bolt you have appears to be a bulgy 223 bolt large stem an spring loaded . the stem should be about" .430 dia . I would call the pin spring pressure medium to light I can push my pin in with a finger with out any strain if its HARD to push as you describe then maybe it the wrong spring or full of rust or some thing but it should not be hard to push . it only needs to be hard enough to keep the pin off the primer during a the return cycle .
    that has

I can't even pust it out far enough to see the pin protrude.[/

edit
    I JUST PULLED MY 223 TARGET RIFLE APART TO CONFIRM THIS IT HAS A BULGY 223 SPRING LOADED BOLT .
    IF YOU BUT THE STEM IN OF YOUR BOLT ON A HARD FALT SURFACE AN PUSH DOWN SO THE STEM AN FIRING PIN ARE FLUSH YOU SHOULD HAVE AROUND .030" OF PIN PROTRUSION MINE HAS EXACTLY .030" WITH 5000 ROUNDS ON IT . IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OR VERY LITTEL THIS IS WHY YOU GUN DOES NOT FIRE. IT MUST HAVE PROTRUTION !!!!!!!!! THERE ARE NO MAYBE OR KIND OF HERE TO BE RIGHT IT NEEDS PROTRUSION. IT TAKES ABOUT 6 OR 7 POUNDS OF PRESSURE TO PUSH IT .

ALL AK FIRING PINS SHOULD HAVE PROTRUSION . YOU MIGHT GET A FIRING DUE TO THE INERTIA OF THE PIN BUT ITS NOT A INERTIA PIN SYSTEM THE HAMMER IS SUSPOSED TO DRIVE THE PIN INTO THE PRIMER . !

IF YOUS DONT PROTRUDE ITS BROKEN OR WORN OUT BUT ITS NOT RIGHT I PROMISE YOU .

it looks like its MAYBE using a 7.62x39 carrier that is to wide for a normal 223 mag an that's why it dosent pass through the short bulgy mag. the area of the carrier that passes through the mag lips needs to be narrow enough to not hit the mag lips. its hard to tell from the pictures just take the mag an see if the carrer is to wide or not . a standard 7.62x39 carrier will need modifcations in most cases to work.

if both mags are bulgy 223 they should work. I don't know what the larger plastic one is ? a galil mag may or may not work as is if it dosent you can ada little weld to the front lug to raise the mag up.

on a 223 its imperative the mags are up high in the receiver an likely touching the lower rails . if there not the bolt will ride over or lose the round part way through an also a low mag the rounds will not feed correctly . I just went through all this on a 223 Weiger clone.

there is nothing romanion abut this gun that I see . maybe a trunion..

THE BARREL WELDED TO THE TRUNION SCARES TO ME . BARRELS ARE NOT HEAT TREATED HARD THAT IS FOR A REASON . THE WELD HOWEVER WILL MAKE THE AREA HARD AN POSSABLEY BRITTLE AN IT COUD FAIL . ITS WELDED IN THE WORST POSSABLE PLACE DIRECTLY OVER THE CHMABER AN TO THE POINT THAT ALL THE HARMONICS START FROM BASICALY ITS WELDED FROM THE POINT THE BARREL BENDS FROM AS THE BARREL WIPS DURING THE CYCLE. THE CHAMBER SEES OVER 50,000 PSI AN ITS WELDED ON IN A HIGH PRESSURE HIGH FLEX AN POSSABLE HIGH TENSIL STRETCH AREA IF THE WELD IS ACTUALY HOLDING IT IN. THERE HAS TO BE A ISSUE WITH THE BARREL PIN FOR THEM TO NEED TO WELD IT . SELL THE TRUNION TO SOME ONE DOING A PISTOL CAL BLOW BACK .

THERE HAVE BEEN PEOLE HURT WIOTH THESE GUNS ! THE MOST COMMON EXAMPLE I CAN LIKELY DOCUMNET IS THE REAR TRUNION COMING UN WELDED AN YOU GETTING A FACE FULL OF BOLT AN CARRIER . THE REAR TRUNION CONNECTION SEES MORE STRESS THAN THE FRONT AS THE CARRER PUSHES AGAINST IT THROUGH THE SPRING AN MIGHT EVEN BOTTOM OUT ON IT . ANY WAY YOU HAVE 4 REALLY CRAPY WELDS GEPPING IT FROM DRIVING INTO YOUR RIGHT EYE! EVENIF THE BOLT DOSENT GET YOU THE COMPRESSED SPRING AS THE CARRER COMES BACK WILL. AGAIN GUYS HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY HURT FROM REAR TRUNION SEPERATION . IF THE FRONT LUGS FAIL FROM A HEAT TREAT DAMAGE ISSUE YOU MIGHT BE KILLED .

PERSONALY I WOULD NOT USE THE GUN . I WOULD NOT LET MY KID STAND ANY WERE NEAR IT .

THE ONLY GUNS YOU WILL SEE STUFF WELDED TO OF ANY QUALITY FROM A MANFACTURER WILL BE THINGS LKE BREAK OPENS WITH A LUG WELDED TO THE BARREL . THOSE ARE WELDED UNDER VERY CAREFULL CONDITIONS AN ARE HEAT TREATED PROPERLY . H&R HANDI RIFLE LUGS ARE WELDED AN THE PROCESS IS A SECRET THAT THEY WILL NOT DISCUSS.

IF IT WERE MINE ID REBARREL IT ON A NEW TRUNION AN USE A NEW BARREL. ID MILL OUT THE SPOT WELDS AN FIX THE REAR TRUNION PROPERLY AN ID ADD A NEW RECVIER WHILE I WAS AT IT . ITS LIKE A ROCK CHIP IN YOUR WINDSHIELD YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN OR IF ITS GOING TO LET GO.

iF I DID FOUR SPOT WELDS ON A HARDEND STEEL ATTACHING .040" SHEET METAL TO THE OBJECT THAT WAS NOT PREHEATED PROPERLY TO WELD AN THEN SAID OK PUT YOUR FACE 4 INCHED IN FRONT OF IT WHILE I HIT IT WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER AN ITS GOING TO HIT YOU SQUARE IN THE FACE IF MY 4 CRAPPY ALREADY AN NOT EVEN HAVING THE TWO PARRENT METALS TOUCHING THAT ARE 3/16" EACH OBVOUOSLY POORELY DONE WELDS FAIL? YOU WOULD RUN AT THE IDEA OF DOING IT. HOW EVER ITS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOING WITH THE WELDED IN REAR TRUNION AN YOU WANT TO DO IT AS FASST AS YOU CAN PULL THE TRIGGER .

THAT IS AS HONEST AS I CAN SAY IT . YOU REALLY NEED TO THINK ABIUT IT AN HOW MUCH YOU TRUST THE GUYS WHO COBBLED THIS GUN TOGETHER AN THOSE WELDS AN THE METAL THATS BEEN AFFECTED.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks, I didn't know the 223s had springs.

Aside from that, I wouldn't want to be the guy shooting that thing. It's a parts gun.

Feedback Score

It is a 223, on Hesse 762x39 receiver.

Feedback Score

I wil disassemble the bolt clean it put it back together and test fire the rifle held by sandbags and string the trigger from 15 feet away. If it fires it's going to come apart and and maybe be parted out or rebuilt. Have a good friend and a good machine shop. Depends on if there are enough good part left to make it worth rebuilding.

Thank you, you may be responsible for saving me for another day of shooting. My grandson, Afgan vet wore his body armor to fire it at arms length. Once was enough for him. I will let you know, I think the hammer end of the firing pin has such a dent in it now that it may not be any good either now.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I don't know if this will help more with the bolt or not? There's 2 pages
    Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles

And I might be mistaken, but I think you have the wrong bullet guide installed?
    Scroll down to the bottom of the first page. Your guide looks like a 5.45 guide, the 223 guide is like a ramp.
    http://www.dinzagarms.com/downloads/bg_install.pdf
    This site has the best pics, I found a few others but the pics are poor

And not to be a smart ass, but is this a 223 or 5.45 gun? Since it's on a 7.62 receiver, it might be a different caliber then you think, I never tried to put those two calibers in the other chamber to see if they fit, I might be wrong even suggesting this
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I looked at the pic he posted sure it did not look like a 5.45 bullet guide but the pic is not clear, the only problem with using a 7.62 receiver with a 223 bolt is the ejector maybe mag well opening otherwise this should not affect the functioning problems this kit is having
    also the bullet guide whether 223 or 5.45 would work and again not be the cause for the function problems

some of the 223 mags have narrow spaces between the lips ( like women) this could cause a bolt hangup, I have a bolt ( 223) that did that with wieger mags I just trimmed the sides of the cartridge pickup lug on the bottom
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Got the bolt pulled apart. There was a mess of small copper or brass chips keeping it from going forward. note the picture attached. Close as I can tell the bolt stem is .43". My good cal. is in my other shop. Once the brass crap was cleaned out the firing pin would go through prob a little more than .03" but again my guages are in the other shop. So the firing problem is resolved.
    The bullet guide is rounded but to my eye it looks like a rounded 7.65-39. There is no ramp that is visible. The carrier passes freely through all the mags I have in the picture but when the mags are loaded with 3 or 4 rounds the carrirer will not pass over the loaded rounds in the 30 round mag. The rounds are binding in the mag, that's what is stopping the carrier it works fine in the other 223 and 5.56x39 mags.
    I have come to the conclusion that the 30 rd mags I bought (from CTD) a year ago were bad mags. If you load more than 5 rounds the bottom round binds front to back and jams the mag.
    The 20 rnd mags feed the first by hand but the second hits the barrel face below the chamber and jams. The bullet guide is .125" thick on the mag edge then forward there is an indentation .125 " from the back edge.

24 IS STAMPED ON THE front TRUNION.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

looks like a 223 bullet guide, but 7.62 and 223 guides look alike, as long as its feeding normal then you are good to go
    also those mags sound like 5.45mm mags converted to 223, besides I do not use or recommend cheapy mags, especially a year ago when mags were plentiful and cheaper than now, CTD mags sounds like promags if so they are junk
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I don't know if this will help more with the bolt or not? There's 2 pages
    Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles

And I might be mistaken, but I think you have the wrong bullet guide installed?
    Scroll down to the bottom of the first page. Your guide looks like a 5.45 guide, the 223 guide is like a ramp.
    http://www.dinzagarms.com/downloads/bg_install.pdf
    This site has the best pics, I found a few others but the pics are poor

And not to be a smart ass, but is this a 223 or 5.45 gun? Since it's on a 7.62 receiver, it might be a different caliber then you think, I never tried to put those two calibers in the other chamber to see if they fit, I might be wrong even suggesting this
    The mag that came with it is 223, 5 rnd, it will feed and fire when it goes bang. Says made in Bulgaria on one side and 223 on the other. Guess my picture only showed the one side.
    Guess I have loaded too many pictures, it won't let me load any more.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.