Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: AK 47 WASR 10" 7.62x39 to 223

Feedback Score

Default AK 47 WASR 10" 7.62x39 to 223

I am looking at this AK 47. It was at a good price and it comes with a lot of stuff including the original cleaning kit with oil can and bayonet. I would like to know what it takes to convert the 7.62x39 to the 223. It is a Romanian build. I have a Romanian build on a Hesse receiver, can I move the barrel, receiver and bolt to the AK 47 WASR 10?
    Last edited by lscheibenberger; 03-13-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling, i only got 1 s in Hesse

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here some of the parts that would be required:

1. .223 barrel, Bulgarian,
    2. .223 bolt, Bulgarian,
    3. .223 magazine that would fit, possibly a Galil magazine,
    4. may have to lengthen the ejector to work with .223 cartridge.

Would be easier to look for a used Romanian SAR3 in .223.

AK Romanian SAR3 SAR-3 .223 $750 NR 223 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Here some of the parts that would be required:

2. .223 bolt, Bulgarian,

Would be easier to look for a used Romanian SAR3 in .223.

AK Romanian SAR3 SAR-3 .223 $750 NR 223 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com
    Thanks, I may not have given enough information on the original thread. I edited it so it states theWASR is Romanian build.
    Last edited by lscheibenberger; 03-13-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: edited the original thread

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If you didn't know it, the WASR is Romanian

I have a Romanian build on a Hesse receiver
    Is this one 223?

But basically what Tommo said is correct, with most of the Com-block country AKs the parts will interchange, but with the prices the way they are right now you might be better off getting a rifle in the caliber you want.
    If we aren't answering your question well enough, please give more details

Maybe see if you can get a Saiga in 223 and just convert it back to the AK configuration?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The Romanians used Bulgarian .223 barrels in their SAR3 and WASR3 .223 rifles from what I have read. Also, the Bulgarian parts from KVAR are the only ones I know of that are sometimes available.

I used a Bulgarian .223 barrel with a Romanian front trunion to build a .223 AKM. However, I used a modified Bulgarian AK74 bolt, carrier and magazines with an NDS-2 AK74 type receiver instead of the Bulgarian AKM .223 bolt, Galil mags and an AKM type receiver.

Also had to change out the bullet guide to a Bulgarian .223 type, thanks for reminding me 1biggun!
    Last edited by Tommo; 03-24-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

2. .223 bolt, Bulgarian,
    ADD A BULGY BULLET GUIDE AS WELL OR MOD THE EXISTING ONE .

YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO MOD THE MAG WELL AN MOVE THE TRIGGER GUARD MAG CATCH SOME TO MAKE YOUR FLAVOR OF MAG FIT. ID RECOMEND BULGYS BUT A GALIL CAN BE ,MADE TO WORK AS WELL ON A ROMY /WASR 7.62X39 TRUNION

YOU WILL BASICALY BE MESSING WITH THE WHOLE GUN. THE BOLT WHEN AVALAIBLE IS AROUND $100 THE BARREL CAN BE MADE FROM ANY 223 BOLT ACTION BLANK IF YOU ACESS TO A LATHE.

IF THE GUN YOU LOOKING AT IS PRICES RIGHT BUY IT ANY WAYS WORRY ABOUT CONVERTIGN IT LATTER . YOU MIGHT NO HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY IT NEXT YEAR LEGALY FOR ANY MONEY .

I am looking at this AK 47. It was at a good price and it comes with a lot of stuff including the original cleaning kit with oil can and bayonet. I would like to know what it takes to convert the 7.62x39 to the 223. It is a Romanian build. I have a Romanian build on a Hesse receiver, can I move the barrel, receiver and bolt to the AK 47 WASR 10?
    YOUR THREAD IS COINFUSING WHAT CALIBUR IS YOUR HESSE RECIERED GUN??? WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SWAP PARTS AROUND FROM IT TO A WASR 10 ? ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVERT A GUN YOUR LOOKING TO BUY WITH PARTS FROMA BUILD YOU ALREADY HAVE TO 223 ??

DO YOU HAVE ANY 223 PARTS OR GUNS NOW??

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yep k-var has the barrels and bullet guides at this time, its the ejector regardless if its a 223 bolt or 5.45mm bolt,lot of work for a existing build gun easier to start with a bulgy kit 5.45mm and go from there?

big gun

copes has galil 223 mags modified to fit ak s wondering if they would work in my 223 that uses polish beryl mags

your thoughts
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    yep k-var has the barrels and bullet guides at this time, its the ejector regardless if its a 223 bolt or 5.45mm bolt,lot of work for a existing build gun easier to start with a bulgy kit 5.45mm and go from there?

big gun

copes has galil 223 mags modified to fit ak s wondering if they would work in my 223 that uses polish beryl mags

your thoughts
    (lscheibenberger)
    Sorry I have been distracted this week and haven't kept up on this thread, the WASR I was looking at went to a gun show and didn't come back. kind of glad. after reading the posts to my question I was in way over my head anyway. The AK47 I have is hesse (7.62x39)receiver in 223, I beleive a Romanian build straight black poly stock and and upper parts. Receiver welded to front trunion, the trunion and site are welded to the barrel. reciever cracked along back right hand side. I would like to save this rifle with a new receiver. It missfires on about every third round, headspacing is ok. Remington PMP 223 ammo. The firing pin makes a dint in the primer but does not fire. I have 1 5 round mag and 2 30s, the 30 rnd mags don't fit the gun and when I try to load them with 223 rounds the first round falls out when I try to load the second. They must be 7.62x39 magazines. To the eye they look exactly like the 223 mag but are not.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    ADD A BULGY BULLET GUIDE AS WELL OR MOD THE EXISTING ONE .

YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO MOD THE MAG WELL AN MOVE THE TRIGGER GUARD MAG CATCH SOME TO MAKE YOUR FLAVOR OF MAG FIT. ID RECOMEND BULGYS BUT A GALIL CAN BE ,MADE TO WORK AS WELL ON A ROMY /WASR 7.62X39 TRUNION

YOU WILL BASICALY BE MESSING WITH THE WHOLE GUN. THE BOLT WHEN AVALAIBLE IS AROUND $100 THE BARREL CAN BE MADE FROM ANY 223 BOLT ACTION BLANK IF YOU ACESS TO A LATHE.

IF THE GUN YOU LOOKING AT IS PRICES RIGHT BUY IT ANY WAYS WORRY ABOUT CONVERTIGN IT LATTER . YOU MIGHT NO HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY IT NEXT YEAR LEGALY FOR ANY MONEY .

YOUR THREAD IS COINFUSING WHAT CALIBUR IS YOUR HESSE RECIERED GUN??? WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SWAP PARTS AROUND FROM IT TO A WASR 10 ? ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVERT A GUN YOUR LOOKING TO BUY WITH PARTS FROMA BUILD YOU ALREADY HAVE TO 223 ??

DO YOU HAVE ANY 223 PARTS OR GUNS NOW??

Yes, a hesse build, i have a 223 ak47 with a hesse 7.62x39 receiver, receiver welded to the trunion, trunion and site welded to the barrel, rear trunion riveted in wrong, upper rails not in trunion grooves, lower rear corner of receiver cracked, and gun missfires about 1 in three rounds.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yep those builds

using a 7.62 receiver is not a problem its whether the ejector will work right, maybe the mag is 5.45 mag and 223 mag should hold the rounds

unless you are building from scratch, these conversions are complicated
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.