Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Installing an AK47 "retaining plate."

Feedback Score

Default Installing an AK47 "retaining plate."

When I traded for my Romanian WASR AK47, the other guy told me that the spring (called a "shepherd's crook by some people) that hols the trigger and hammer springs was broken. That would allow the retaining pins for those items to fall out.
    So, I went to midway and found just what I needed-an AK retaining plate, made by Tapco, number AK0690. It took just a few minutes to install it. Now, I have a fully operational AK with no worry about losing the trigger or hammer pins.
    The cost was $5, so, I ordered 2. The shipping was the same for either one or two, so I decided to have a spare. I think that everybody who has an AK should have an extra one of these as well as a few other parts such as springs. You just never know.

Feedback Score

Always have spare parts. In the event of an emergency there may not be time for the order to arrive.

Feedback Score

Or, if obummer has his way, there may be NO way to get any parts, ammo or whatever!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have even made my own from metal putty knives I found thrown away at construction sites. The metal on some is right thickness, and flexable.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I saw this coming. Been gradually purchasing spare parts. Insurance is cheap.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Those pictures of the Tapco look like there is a small protrusion so you can get your fingers on it. Thats a good idea.

Feedback Score

The tapco retaining plate I bought wouldn't work the AK i built on a Tapco flat. The Power Custom retaining plate did.

Feedback Score

I made my own out of a piece of scrap receiver metal-the instructions are in the good ideas library here somewhere. Some tracing, some cutting w/ the dremel, some cold blue, and BAM. Done and dusted.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Scroll down a little for good pics

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f163/fcg...ructions-2744/
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

DIY is the best in my opinion, but I'm a cheap b*stard. LOL. I also use hitch pins and e-clips. On a lot of my builds I used Tapco flats, and they tend to have a little too much side to side play in the axis pins, so I install thin washers between the side of the receiver and whatever type pin retainer I happen to be using. Keeps the pins snug enough so they don't rattle. Never had that problem on the AK Builder flats though.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.