Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AMD65 Rear Trunnion Advice

Feedback Score

ok, so fixed stock.......I dont need anything fancy. Tapco collapsible stock?, or what. i had a Tapco collapsible stock on my mini 30, not bad......it worked. Or is the quality of these stocks not enough on Par to put on AK. Trying to save $$$, but want quality and functionality.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

A used Romy laminate stock or one of the AK74 polymer or wood sets from Apex. Sell off the AMD rear trunion and stock to recoup some of the $$. Likekly worth $45-$50 or so.

Feedback Score

Thanks
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I tend to agree. Unless you are wanting an amd 65 for collecting, a fixed stock trunnion will give you many more options. And as I understand your receiver has the holes for the fixed stock trunnion, which will make your build easier with a fixed stock trunnion. I have an amd 65 in my collection, but its not my favorite to shoot 'cause its impossible to get a good cheek weld.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

but its not my favorite to shoot 'cause its impossible to get a good cheek weld.
    It's not meant to have a good cheek weld, it was designed for mechanized infantry. Compact design to enter and exit vehicles easier, and were slung across the chest so it was right there when needed.

Birdman, you have to decide how your mainly going to use it. If it's mainly going to be a range gun you might be better off with a different stock, there are a lot of stocks that fit the fixed stock tang, and your receiver is already setup for this. Also a Romanian & German wire folder fit on a standard stock tang, so you will still have a compact rifle is that's what your looking for, I think these make the rifle about an inch or so longer then the AMD65 stock when folded.
    If you like the AR style stock there are a few choices there too, either a complete stock or just the tube that uses any mil-spec AR stock so you could mount one of those fance MagPul style stocks
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by birdman8387 View Post
    ok, so fixed stock.......I dont need anything fancy.

AMD-65's are very cool, built one and love it but AKM-63's are sexy too.

65, 85, 63

Morph it into a 63(?)

t
    "kill 'em all an smash the eggs..."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Morph it into a 63(?)
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Trueno View Post
    AMD-65's are very cool, built one and love it but AKM-63's are sexy too.

65, 85, 63

Morph it into a 63(?)

t
    You stole my pic, dude. HA!
    Actually AMD65, AMMS(AK63D), AKM63

Here is the newer pic>
    AK63F (AMM)
    AMD65
    AKM63
    AK63D (AMMS)

Feedback Score

I'm jealous.

I need to get a second job and start building...those pics are a sight of true beauty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

birdman, we got into this back when kits could be had for under a hundred bucks. With original bbls. My first was an AMD 65 as well. Got it for around 90 bucks shipped. These days its harder to put a sizable collection together without breaking the bank. But, dont let that stop you. These things will bring at least what you payed for them, if not more, if you decide to sell in the future. Especially with a ffl receiver like the nodak spud.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.