Gunco Forums banner

revamping an AK

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dcholl 
#1 ·
I know that the AK 47 is bassically gas operated and air Cooled, what I was wondering if there a simple way to make this weapon a blowback and bypassing the gas operation, and what I would like to do it convert it to a 45 any suggestions and how much would this change the 922r part count..Doc

#2 ·
"simple"...LOL!

There are numerous caliber conversions that have been done to the AK platform, while many are posted on YouTube there are lots of articles/how-to's in the various gun forums around the web.

ak + caliber + conversion gets over 1,600,000 hits on Google.

t

#5 ·
with kits over $500 id recommend looking at other already built 45 options .

now if you have a mill an lathe you can make your own blow back trunion, bolts etc an use a few AK parts an do OK

9mm an 7.62x25 are good blow back choices an there are mags an mag wells available . a 5.45 bolt fits these well

#6 ·
with kits over $500 id recommend looking at other already built 45 options .

now if you have a mill an lathe you can make your own blow back trunion, bolts etc an use a few AK parts an do OK

9mm an 7.62x25 are good blow back choices an there are mags an mag wells available . a 5.45 bolt fits these well
Thanks 1big gun. I was looking at a 9mm or a 45 or just for shites and giggles a 380.....Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.