Thread: Chicom UF bayos - restoration ramblings

Feedback Score

Default Chicom UF bayos - restoration ramblings

They're sexy, lots of us want em but even with the roughest prices ever seen they've dried up in supply lately. Parsi doesn't list em on Gunbroker anymore, so what is one to do?

How about restoring the ones that were neutered?

As you can see, the dimensions on my copy were a lil off but it's passable and will stay on the rifle it's on. Next one will be a lot more accurate due to sitting down and doing an actual print.
    Well, maybe a somewhat ghetto drawing but hey...

I'm hoping to do the next one using a standard non-uf FSB. In other words, add a section of tubing/pipe on to the rear of a standard FSB. Chunk of tube looks like it'll need to be around:
    .610" ID
    .710" OD
    1.165" long

One thing to be kept in mind is the OD of the shoulder on the barrel of non-uf barrel assys. Checking several barrels it looks to average .605-.608 OD. The new rear section will need to be a lil larger ID (ie: .610) to enable it to slide over this shoulder.

thoughts?

t
    "kill 'em all an smash the eggs..."

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I like it. Cool idea.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah that's a good idea and you did a nice job on that
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I saw the price difference between the AK and SKS underfolder bayonets, and for $10, thought I'd try an SKS bayonet. Turned out it's a bit shorter across the latch than the AK part, for some reason.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    I saw the price difference between the AK and SKS underfolder bayonets, and for $10, thought I'd try an SKS bayonet. Turned out it's a bit shorter across the latch than the AK part, for some reason.

Just to confuse things a lil bit more...

"kill 'em all an smash the eggs..."

Feedback Score

Looks nice!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Gainesville, Ga Prototype Services's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Hey Trueno. After we talked about this some time back, I picked up a FSB that will need the tube added to the rear, and a gasblock to be un-neutered. Found a correct bayo assembly too. Glad I got that set of furniture from you for the same rifle. I can even strip my barrel and have a second set of parts ready. Let me know if you are going to take on projects.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Yeah- I bought a couple from CTD a while back for $10.00 each

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.