Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have an AK47?

Feedback Score

I bought one, a wasr-10 after the awb was lifted, because it was cheaper than an ar-15. I paid $300 for it new. I like the simplicity of them, as well as the duribility of them. I wanted to get a familiarization of the weapon of choice of most of our enemies. I never tried the hogue grip yet, but I did buy the ergo grip and am satisfied with that one.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I *like* the skinny pistol grip on the AK. When I got my first one, changing the grip to something beefier was high on my priority list; later, I wondered why I ever thought of such a thing.

Of course, for me the AK "just works." It still feels like a 3/4-scale rifle, but it's far more of a "see it - shoot it" device than any other rifle I've had a chance to fire.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

obumma is trying to put the gun owners in the closets and let the gays out!

LOL!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post

LOL!
    I think he would prefer to put us in the grave instead of the closet!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I got my first AK, a MAK90, because at the time they were less than $130, the mags were $8, and the steel core Chinese ammo was 1200 rounds for $70-80 delivered to your door. Cheap to own and shoot, well deserved rep for absolute reliability in all conditions. Later, when $70-100 kits and $10 flats were everywhere, I started building more because they were even cheaper to build. The ammo was still cheap, Wolf at the time was $80 for 1000 rds delivered. In inflation adjusted dollars prices had actually gone down a smidge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post

LOL!
    GunPlumber brought up an interesting point over on the AKFiles regarding the Gays and Guns. By getting up in everyone's face and demanding things, gays went from a fringe group you never really much heard about beyond jokes to Gay characters on almost every TV show and movie made, people chastising people for being unaccepting of them, immediate cause for military discharge changed to "yes, I'm Gay, thanks for asking", etc. in just a few short decades. If the same tactics were applied by gun owners would Guns be more accepted and "mainstream" in the same time frame? If you saw stockbrokers, lawyers, and Doctors in expensive suits with M4orgery's slung over their shoulder walking down the street, would anyone pay much attention after a few years? Open Carry, where legal, would be a non-event when every third person you pass is packin'.....

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Nope. The fags did it by way of the media & Hollywood. Those two pinko communist groups will NEVER support gunowners.
    UNLESS we find a way to infiltrate their ranks & push them back in the closet.
    What are they, like 2% of the population? Yet like said, if you watch current TV shows or go to movies, you'd think it was 25%.
    That's why I preffer movies from the thirties or forties.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

So when the draft comes back,no more saying I am gay to get out of serving.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    So when the draft comes back,no more saying I am gay to get out of serving.

Nope; Now just say your a straight white Christian patriot & They will show you the door.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Not to be a killjoy , but one of the most powerful gun advocate group in CA , for a while at least , was the pink pistols ; yeah they were flamers , but they had the same interest as us . Just because we do not agree with a person's life style does not mean that we should not make allies where ever we go ... our core interest is the second amendment , not what they do behind closed doors . While I have voted for a number of years now republican in most election , I find it more than stupid that they do not embrace the log cabin republicans ... in most areas they are conservative ... a few disagreement among friends is a hell of a lot better than fighting the communist of the other stripe . I know that I have become a libertarian , but mostly in personal thought . Of course anymore I consider the GOP to be democrap light .
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.