Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have an AK47?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    First off, the Hogue grip is a great choice. Best grip I've ever felt. It may not look correct, but dang if it doesn't feel correct. Now as to why "I" have an AK: I like firearms, period. I like the simplicity and reliability of them. The ammo "was" reasonably priced. I can build one without any FFL or govt involvement whatsoever. The mags are some of the most reliable of any semi-auto rifle/carbine out there. Plus I just plain old like them. LOL.

You're right though about keeping it low profile. Too many Lihbtards or Libtard trained people do not understand why anyone wants a gun, much less an evil assault weapon like the AK. Stupid folks.
    No kidding...I bought a Houge grip last week at a Gun Show at the National Guard Armory. I just wish I had an AK to put it on!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

While I was in the military there was a "mystique" attached to the AK, it was the weapon of my enemy, so I had to have one. I hear this is common with soldiers no matter who the enemy is, like WW 2 soldiers wanting a german or jap weapon from that time. At the time they were pretty rare, but when cheap kits started to come out I started building. Was only gonna do one to satisfy my desire to posess the weapon of my enemy, but got hooked.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I like having an AK47. I have plans to use it as one of (if not the) first line weapons. I wish I had purchased a parts kit for it before they became so scarce. Maybe, they will make a comeback now, if the White House tyrant doesn't issue a dictatorial decree against the importation of such kits.

Feedback Score

The damage is already done to the kit aspect of the hobby. I got into them by reading a shotgun news and seeing that it was cheaper to assemble a kit than it was to buy. Now it is around the same price of buying a complete one as it is to assembling. As lomg as you don't count to cost of broken tools that you threw when you had a moment.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Tell her its to protect yourself from people that ask too many stupid questions an I want to invade your privacy and your rights.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

"When absolutely positively have to kill every mother fu#$ler in the room. Choose no other. The AK-47. Their is no other choice."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    "When absolutely positively have to kill every mother fu#$ler in the room. Choose no other. The AK-47. Their is no other choice."
    LOL As good a reason as any!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

double tap AGAIN!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've only got the one which is on the market right now with a couple lookers. I got mine for pretty much the same reasons the Kernel got his,,lots of shooting for short dollars ,,,,,at that time anyhow. Not so much now days,,,, between the ammo price and gun price,,,,,1K++ for a arsenal AK,,,,,,gimmie a break!!!!! Not worth it, I'll get 3 Savage bolt guns for that $$,, that will shoot rings around a stock AK any day.

Sorry guys,,,,,I'm not all that huge a fan of AK platforms anyways,,, to be honest with you ,,, I'd much rather have the VZ58's myself. There a far superior gun IMO, better looking, better made, more ergonomic, shoot more accurately, less moving parts, milled rec., better trigger and safety,100% reliable ,CZ quality,less than 1 million made so they'll be worth more later as a collector piece,,,,what's not to love over a AK platform. Honestly,,,no comparison IMO!

And don't go saying that they take odd ball mags,,,,,so do AK's

I know these guys here will make me walk the plank for saying this ,, but the VZ's are my preference over an AK,,,by a country mile !! You can have my share of AK's thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.