Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have an AK47?

Feedback Score

Default Why do you have an AK47?

As soon as I bought it, one of the first things that I noticed about my AK47 was that the hand-grip was too small. It was not comfortable for me. So, I journeyed down to my favorite department store-where I buy most of my guns and accessories-and ordered a Hogue Monogrip for it. I wasn’t sure whether it would be an improvement or not, but, the picture made it look better. And, I do have a Hogue grip on one of my revolvers. So, I placed the order.
    A few days later it arrived at the store. When I went to pay for it, the cashier saw the words "AK-47" on the package and she asked me: "Do you have one of those?"
    I answered: "Yes."
    She asked me: "Why?"
    I said: "Why not?"
    She again asked: "Why?"
    I again responded: "Why not?"?"
    She then said: "Because you like it?"
    I replied that that that was as good a reason as any.
    It is strange to me how people tend to freak out over the AK. I guess she thinks that having an AK47 is going to turn me into a mad murderer or something. I'd like to keep a lower profile on this, but, I wanted to get that grip and that seemed the best way.
    Anyhow, I want to get out into the boonies and see what this thing can do. I'll let you know.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

First off, the Hogue grip is a great choice. Best grip I've ever felt. It may not look correct, but dang if it doesn't feel correct. Now as to why "I" have an AK: I like firearms, period. I like the simplicity and reliability of them. The ammo "was" reasonably priced. I can build one without any FFL or govt involvement whatsoever. The mags are some of the most reliable of any semi-auto rifle/carbine out there. Plus I just plain old like them. LOL.

You're right though about keeping it low profile. Too many Lihbtards or Libtard trained people do not understand why anyone wants a gun, much less an evil assault weapon like the AK. Stupid folks.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

dario, never debate a woman. You will always loose..
    Next time tell her you hate guns.. You love the Brady bunch.. Your using your life savings to buy everything gun related. So you can take it home and burn it.
    Was she hot? Hell I would invite her over the house and burn a few AKs if their was a, well, little reward in it..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i don't have an AK, but the BATF tried hard to give me one while i was in mexico--

apparently i looked like a bandito!

Feedback Score

Questioin from sales lady., "do you own an AK? Do you like it?"

Answer., yes., almost as much as a set of large hooters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I m a little surprised a company that sells Ak related aprts would employ someone like that
    I tell the general public NOTHING and if they persist its a gift for a cop buddy
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    I m a little surprised a company that sells Ak related aprts would employ someone like that
    I tell the general public NOTHING and if they persist its a gift for a cop buddy

It's a department store. They have a huge catalog in the sproting goods department from which you can order. It contains parts for all kinds of firearms. I spotted the grip I wanted in that catalog and ordered it. There are thousands of parts and accessories that the store does not regularly carry that can be ordered.
    I like the lady. My wife and I have known her and her husband for years. I don't think she would have said a word to a stranger. It didn't bother me too much. We're still friends and we always chat a bit when I go to the store.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

that's why i order my stuff online. i have been asked by friends why i have ak47's and when they are asking as in why do i have ak's and not only "non-evil" guns i generally say something like because they're what i want
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

again, my best friends don't even know, heck two of my sisters who live within a 10 minute drive don't know, the only folks who do are my shooting relatives and few and I mean very few friends, less folks know about your hobby the better you will be. I don't care what state or part of the country
    need to know basis
    i tell my younger nephews this story to make point, growing up i have friend we hunted and target shoot alot, we were real tight, we drifted abit but still saw each other then in our early 40's we started hunting and fishing together again got real tight, that f*ck in niow my enemy and he knows alot of my business and he is a drunk, imagine the shit coming out of his mouth after 5 budweisers

I have been reading about guys here being harassed by folks looking for ak's/ar's and ammo thats plain crazy,

keep this hobby to yourself
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't always have an AK, but when I do...

I don't talk about it.

You gotta insert the picture yourself.

Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.