Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Went to the local gun show sunday...

Feedback Score

Default Went to the local gun show sunday...

I saw a few Zastava pistols and they were the "cheapest" AKs at $799-899. Cheapest AK rifles were the WASR-10s for $899. Saw a few underfolders/sidefolders, AMDs etc most of them going for $1000-1200.

Tapco 20/30rnd mags were the most reasonable at $12+, lots of mixed origin surplus steel mags for $30+. I was looking to get a few parts to complete my build parts count but no one was selling parts(aside from mags) or parts kits.

I was however delighted to find a vendor selling Wolf 20rnd boxes for $6 and 1000rnd boxes for $299 out the door. That was about the only reasonable thing I saw as far as AK stuff goes.

In general everything was still inflated to scare levels. Everyone keeps telling me that when supply goes up and demand comes down prices will follow. While I understand that shows tend to be on the expensive side, there were more than enough AR-15s there for everyone in the building to buy one, and I didn't see many for less than $1200(and no they weren't all Colts). Saw a few beat up SKSs going for no less than $500, didnt see a Garand for less than $800 despite parts origin/laughable stocks.

...and of course there was plenty of awesome Class 3/outrageous full auto stuff that makes it worth going to play with I was drooling over a full auto Thompson SMG and a select fire GSG 36. Its a sad time for the firearms community.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Default Stuff showing up at WalMart again

Went in the local SuperCenter here in North Texas and AR's are back in stock, in fact the entire gun display was completely stocked (Ar's are $977) and there was some ammo sitting on the shelves. Bought a box of .40 and .308. Wonder what it's going to do to the local scalpers and CTD if WalMart is back in the business?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Good sign I guess in some regards,, at least,,,, some stuff,,, is on the shelves again.

I've been set for years on just about everything I'll ever need,,,or want,,,, but you can damn well bet there's some ditty I just can't live without ,,,,,some-where's out there!!!! I'll go check tomorrow!!

There always is!!

Feedback Score

Supplies have really openned up at the wholesale level also. We had 30 AR15 bolt carrier groups on order from one manufacturer for three months and another 20 BCG from another for two months. They all showed up last week. Now we had too many, so we sold groups of five at a time on GB.

Lots of other parts have showed up in the last two weeks.

Karl

Feedback Score

And after prices settle back down, even if they don't return to the pre-panic level how many of you will keep your stockage levels higher than before?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You betcha,,,GuardGuy

Feedback Score

Roger that!

Feedback Score

So I stopped at my local sporting goods store on the way home tonight in hopes of picking up a few more boxes of 762x39(I finally started my build ). Its still .50/rnd but there was a TON of of it so Im hoping they will soon have it on sale again for $6.99/box. But regardless I was happy to see it in excess when still .22, .223, and just about every handgun round was still nowhere to be seen. I also noticed 2 WASR-10s on the shelves for $850(this is the place I bought my first one for roughly $400 if I remember correctly).

Im starting to think: thanks to all this insanity and the media, that scare-buyers/first timers are fixated on ARs and are overlooking AKs.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Fortunately, I cannot really witness the current madness for myself, other than how it is manifesting itself on the internet. I am getting tired of clicking on things, only to be told, "out of stock."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

on thing is stuff IS in production. factories and machine shops have been pulling double shifts for months.

things are going to come back in stock soon and parts are showing up.

the thing is "how long do we have till the next Obama inspired panic starts?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.