Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saiga AK-107 (not yet in USA)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I want a Saiga 9.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I see little advantage of a balanced reciol system in a non full auto . I dont need the gun to weigh more . the gun is taller it looks like they spaced up the dust cover to put the counter weigh under it.

I also wonder if a bigger port is required to run the counter weight ? If so then accuracy might be worse .
    Id like ot know how much weight it adds ? if its going to offset the carrier it must be considerable .

the full rail might help stiffen the barrel maybe

would make sense on a full auto were control is more important .

I like the push button safety . id like ot shoot it . its not worth a grand IMO .
    I agree with you that it isn't really necessary for TYPICAL semi-only firing.

HOWEVER it can do nothing but help with recoil mitigation. They have built a very clever recoil management system with this and I believe it could help semi-auto recoil management, if not to the extent of a full-auto recoil management. Just like the .45 ACP Kriss.

You can find images of the AK-107 recoil management system online. New carrier, new top cover, new gas block are the major components. A cog system that keeps both pistons synchronized during the load cycle. A clever system, really!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Someone here has an animation of that system on their signature line. Pretty cool.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I dont see it reducing recoil at all I see it mitigating the weight of the carrier moving an helping controll the gun easier . I suspose in rapid fire Semi auto it might help . if nothing else the extra weight will help the perceived recoil

It interesting if nothing else .

Id like to shoot one as well . just to see if im wrong . i suppose I should not judge untill I know .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    I want a Saiga 9.
    Me TOO!! That looks really nice.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.