Gunco Forums banner

Elysium AK

7K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
Went to see World War Z last night and in the trailer for the new Matt Damon sci-fi flick "Elysium" his charactor is shown firing an AK. I can beleive Ak's will still be around in 2154. Ol' Matt sure does alot of shoot 'um up flicks to be such an Obammy fanboy.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Never heard of Matt Damon? Is that the Tampa Sunshine Skyway bridge in the background? Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the U.S.A that does not own some of them gloves with no fingers. I see them on every kind of TV show there is. Where do all of the cut off glove fingers go to???
Maybe being stockplied for the next fad..............Wearing just the finger parts without the rest of the glove?? Heh...Heh

#4 ·
Why not? Rifle design has pretty much been static for half a century so far. It might not be a "real" Kalashnikov, but I expect firearms on that pattern will be around a long, long time.

The Dreyse "bolt action" design is around 150 years old now, and I don't expect bolt-action rifles to vanish in the next 50 years. Samuel Colt's "revolving pistol" concept has been declared obsolete for decades now, but people still make and buy those, too - it's over 175 years old now.

#7 ·
looks like a rommie to me with some faked up hollyweird BS tacked on.

probably some kind of "rainbow" fashion statement.

those gloves do look gay--they just suit mat damon though . does that mean he is the woman in the gay couple or what???

i'm just don't know squat about the new gay/PC holly-weird culture club-- but hey their in charge now--so they must know what their doing right?--LOL!

#8 ·
looks like a rommie to me with some faked up hollyweird BS tacked on.

probably some kind of "rainbow" fashion statement.
Don't know what a "rommie" is (Romy?) but the grain of the buttstock sure looks Egyptian. As a side note, it's a full-auto version, 3rd pin above the mag release in this pic:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:Elysium2013akm3.jpg
(open page, click pic to enlarge)

those gloves do look gay--they just suit mat damon though . does that mean he is the woman in the gay couple or what???

i'm just don't know squat about the new gay/PC holly-weird culture club-- but hey their in charge now--so they must know what their doing right?--LOL!

Gay? As in homosexual?

Dude, get a grip on your phobias...they're part of the mechanical suit.

t

#11 ·
Yeah definitely looks Egyptian to me.

#13 ·
They will be around as long as he ammo is still viable. if the ammo becomes obsolete then the gun becomes obsuleate . will there be center foire rounds ke we have in a 150 years or will some other type of projectial or killing meathod be used .

seen any/,many film cameras, 8 track or casset tapes , vhs movies for sale lately? samething .

I suppose in a 150 years thye still wont have figured out a good way to mount the optics yet either . the gloves / suit look stupid . the gun looks stupid .

#14 ·
Quote from big--"I suppose in a 150 years thye still wont have figured out a good way to mount the optics yet either". LOL! If you all know the lengths biggun has gone to to find an acceptable optics mount for an AK, finally resorting to making his own, then you know why that is funny. Keep up the good work big!

#15 ·
Yeah along the lines of what Biggun is talking about, I read an article recently that said some company has a "disk laser" whatever the heck that is, that is supposedly almost battlefield ready. They claimed that it could be adjusted on the fly to do everything from stun an aggressor to blowing a missle out of the sky. Sounds like the "phaser" from Star Trek. The AK will become something like the Mosin is now. An interesting collector's piece, that is very outdated, but still fun to play with.

#17 ·
I was with my girlfriend at this movie and she leaned over and said "is that an ak?" I said damn right :). I think the ak platform is just to tried and true to go away until centerfire ammo goes away like yall have said. On a side note I thought the movie was really good. Just enough scifi to be cool without being stupid or corny.

#20 ·
I SAW THE MOVIE IT WAS PRETTY GOOD IMO . THE AK PLAYS A VERY SMALL PART . SOME IOF THE MOVE WAS A LITTEL FAR FETCHED BUT i STILL LIKED IT . i TOOK MY KID ON HIS 13TH BIRTH DAY. THERE WAS NO NUDITY JUST LOTS OF KILLING BUT STILL NOT AS BAD AS SOME OF THE VIDEO GAMES i HAVE SEEN LOL .

THE EARTH HAS BECOME TOXIC AN EVERY ONE IS SCROUNGING TO SURVIVE FOR THE LAST 70 YEARS OR SO . SO YEA A ANTIQUE FIRE ARM WOULD BE POSSABLY USED . JUST LIKE THIRD WORLD PEOPLE STILL USE MUSKETS AN SINGLE SHOTS TODAY TO SURVIVE .

#21 ·
What ticked me about the movie was the plot line.

The earths so overcrowded it's a mess and the happy ending is when everyone gets great health care and lives longer!! Makes as much sense as Obama Care.

#23 ·
Yeah, 'ol Matty is a dyed in the wool Obammy fart sniffer, altho I enjoy watching him in the Bourne role, but I caught an older flick he was in called "The Firm". It had a liberal, free health care undertone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.