Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Centerfire Systems

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Wow, WASRs are bringing over $600 now? I wonder what that makes a SAR-1 worth? I think I paid @300 for it NIB.

Feedback Score

off topic for a second......i just was looking at some keltec sub 2000 in 9mm on gunbroker......i think a lot of people on there are "on the pipe". I mean come on.......$1000 for a keltec is just insulting, no matter how its tricked out. Not that they are bad, but definetley not $1000 material. I remember when i bought one 7 years ago for $200. I know the "scare" raises prices, but jeez....thats crazy
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by birdman8387 View Post
    $622 shipped to FFL
    Thanks for indulging me

Thats not bad considering the climate is still shakey. The place I bought mine at years ago is selling them for $899. Im sure they will go on sale but I am curious if we will ever see sub $400 again.

And on your off-topic, its absolutely absurd what people are trying to sell KSGs for
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Here is my WASR 10/63 after the most thorough cleaning it has ever seen, and a custom wood stain job by me. I hated the plywood look it came with. Plus, I wanted it to kinda match the bayonet color. I had to file off about .006-.008 of the bayonet lug to get the lock to engage, but now she's golden. Also polished the bolt carrier and the front face of the hammer. The picture is shitty quality, so I will try and get some more close up pics to put on. The polyurethane looks really great, but I think I might hit the receiver and stock with a scotch brite pad/steel wool to give it a more battle worn look.

I am not debating the past problems that people have had with WASR's, but I think that those days are over. After much scouring over the internet, it seems the ones with the problems are pre-2009 and older. I dunno, all I know is that mine has a chrome lined barrel, none of the symptoms expected, and all the trimmings. This gun is a solid platform, and I intend on picking up some more to work with soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.