Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Centerfire Systems

Feedback Score

Cool Centerfire Systems

Well, I have given up on my build for now. I was going to get an AMD-65 from Colorado AK Arms.....but, I'm sure most of you know the issues poor Todd is having over there. So that will have to wait.

Being my first AKM, I want something cheap, just to see if I like the way the rifle fits me and what I need from it. I ended up purchasing a Romanian Wasr-10 from Centerfire Systems. Now I am pretty sure that Century builds these, and have read and heard about there craftsmanship.....or lack there of. But it seems all my Google searching for their problems are all from 2 years ago or more.

So my question(s) is this....Are the same problems still prevalent (canted sights, feed/mag-well issues, gas tubes)? Or did they step up their game in the last 3 years as to fix these issues?

My apologies in advance if this has been covered previously.....Was just hoping for some direct answers without filtering through opinions and such. Thanks guys!
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I may be wrong, but I don't think the century monkeys ever got their hands on the WASRs unless it was just for a conversion. Does yours take a single stack or double stack mag.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the century monkeys ever got their hands on the WASRs unless it was just for a conversion. Does yours take a single stack or double stack mag.
    Double stack. I asked Centerfire and they said they DO get them from Century.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Supposedly their QC has improved since 2009+???? Hopefully!
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Yes, they come from century, but they are already built. All century does is convert them to double stack.

Feedback Score

Well that's a good thing from what I can understand. I guess I was also wondering if the barrel is threaded or if the brake is welded on? It didnt say it in the description if it was threaded and pin welded or just welded. Thanks for the info 7.62!
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The one I had ,,had a spot weld to hold the threaded break in place. Clinton era stuff.

Feedback Score

On a WASR=10 I had the barrel was threaded and had a US made slant brake on it. Century imports them as single stack, converts them to double stack as 7.62x39 said and they add the necessary US made parts. Mine had a US muzzle brake, tapco FCG, pistol grip, and the piston. The big complaints I've heard about them are the canted front sights. Mine was straight. Would be easy to fix that if it is. Mags fit mine pretty sloppy and the bolt carrier was really sloppy in the receiver but it went bang every time you pulled the trigger.

These guys have some AMD-65 parts kits.

http://arakguns.com/products/amd-65-parts-kit
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the WASR?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jimraynor21 View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the WASR?
    $622 shipped to FFL
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.