Gunco Forums banner

Centerfire Systems

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  birdman8387 
#1 ·
Well, I have given up on my build for now. I was going to get an AMD-65 from Colorado AK Arms.....but, I'm sure most of you know the issues poor Todd is having over there. So that will have to wait.

Being my first AKM, I want something cheap, just to see if I like the way the rifle fits me and what I need from it. I ended up purchasing a Romanian Wasr-10 from Centerfire Systems. Now I am pretty sure that Century builds these, and have read and heard about there craftsmanship.....or lack there of. But it seems all my Google searching for their problems are all from 2 years ago or more.

So my question(s) is this....Are the same problems still prevalent (canted sights, feed/mag-well issues, gas tubes)? Or did they step up their game in the last 3 years as to fix these issues?

My apologies in advance if this has been covered previously.....Was just hoping for some direct answers without filtering through opinions and such. Thanks guys! :salute:

#3 ·
Double stack. I asked Centerfire and they said they DO get them from Century.

#4 ·
Supposedly their QC has improved since 2009+???? Hopefully!

#6 ·
Well that's a good thing from what I can understand. I guess I was also wondering if the barrel is threaded or if the brake is welded on? It didnt say it in the description if it was threaded and pin welded or just welded. Thanks for the info 7.62!

#8 ·
On a WASR=10 I had the barrel was threaded and had a US made slant brake on it. Century imports them as single stack, converts them to double stack as 7.62x39 said and they add the necessary US made parts. Mine had a US muzzle brake, tapco FCG, pistol grip, and the piston. The big complaints I've heard about them are the canted front sights. Mine was straight. Would be easy to fix that if it is. Mags fit mine pretty sloppy and the bolt carrier was really sloppy in the receiver but it went bang every time you pulled the trigger.

These guys have some AMD-65 parts kits.

http://arakguns.com/products/amd-65-parts-kit

#9 ·
If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the WASR?

#10 ·
$622 shipped to FFL

#12 ·
off topic for a second......i just was looking at some keltec sub 2000 in 9mm on gunbroker......i think a lot of people on there are "on the pipe". I mean come on.......$1000 for a keltec is just insulting, no matter how its tricked out. Not that they are bad, but definetley not $1000 material. I remember when i bought one 7 years ago for $200. I know the "scare" raises prices, but jeez....thats crazy

#14 ·
Here is my WASR 10/63 after the most thorough cleaning it has ever seen, and a custom wood stain job by me. I hated the plywood look it came with. Plus, I wanted it to kinda match the bayonet color. I had to file off about .006-.008 of the bayonet lug to get the lock to engage, but now she's golden. Also polished the bolt carrier and the front face of the hammer. The picture is shitty quality, so I will try and get some more close up pics to put on. The polyurethane looks really great, but I think I might hit the receiver and stock with a scotch brite pad/steel wool to give it a more battle worn look.

I am not debating the past problems that people have had with WASR's, but I think that those days are over. After much scouring over the internet, it seems the ones with the problems are pre-2009 and older. I dunno, all I know is that mine has a chrome lined barrel, none of the symptoms expected, and all the trimmings. This gun is a solid platform, and I intend on picking up some more to work with soon.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.