Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US made trunnions, GB, bolt carriers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was looking for some 80% AR lowers and ran across a Rocket hub pitch yesterday.Can't remember the name of the outfit.
    Same deal $40 towards buying the equipment got a promise of said lower.Roll of the dice I suppose.
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score

I did not read the spec's on the receivers. But a thicker OD receiver vs standard seems a great leap backwards for fitment of parts IMHO. Selectors, axis pins, selector stop plate, receiver cover, rivets.., all would require rework or one-off parts for building. Even folding stock might be a bit wonky on the wider receiver?
    A good idea to build one-off parts like noted by 4thIDvet., market for Chinese 19mm front trunnions or underfolder bayo FSB or certain underfolder trunnions or scope rails for a Tantal etc.
    But their $350 base kit and all the parts needed to complete is a $800 build at least. Not cheap and no real milspec connection unless one likes the "all american" AK thing.

Not a hater, but maybe the wrong product choices for one-off parts manufacture.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Their receiver doesn't interest me in the slightest. Over the years we have seen several mfg offer up 1.5/1.6mm receivers in various forms, I don't think any of them ever did very well. At least with this one the extra material is on the outside, not the inside. So no shaving trunnions required, but there will still be issues with the top cover, axis pins and selector.
    I know nothing about these people so caveat emptor.

Edit: akblue beat me to it. He posted while I was trying to hunt and peck out my post. LOL

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Ken3030. ??? I have enough AK parts in boxes to supply the Chinese Army.. Chinese is my main interest.. Have a Chinese barrel and I know I could get dinky WAC.co to spit out a thick Chinese receiver.
    Damn, if I could only get the front trunion.. Complete barrel, sights, gas block been sittin gathering dust, since I was dealing with Global Trades out of Texas.. God I miss them.. "Front bayo sights for a Chinese AK, sure, how many you need.?? Chinese trunions, sure how many you need. Chinese receivers, sure how many you need?"
    Link not working.. Please give me a hook up with this guy.. My right arm is done, fineto.. After the operation I can build again.. Thank Yall..
    On akfiles there's a guy making front trunnions. From what I read he's working on the chinese ones now.
    http://www.akfiles.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147691
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    On akfiles there's a guy making front trunnions. From what I read he's working on the chinese ones now.
    I read through the thread and it looks like he was selling them at $125. Not bad for a USA made part.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    Ken. Geez. I am not a member there.. Recognize a lot of names, but just never joined.. Looks like a good sight, lot of good info, good people..
    Damn my right arm is gone, done, fineto.. Has turned into a damn stick.. Right shoulder replacement coming.. Can not build anymore.. Have a ton of parts, plus tools.. Just can not use my right arm..
    Chief, one of yall correct me if wrong? I have about 6 Chinese.. Thicker outer does not really bother interior, except as mentioned with rivets, trunion, front and rear... Barrel, damn if I can remember is thinner, fit to trunion than European???????????.
    Digging into memory.. Help needed..? Thank you..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I Ihave spoken to Ken onhte ak files he is open to some custom variants like maybe a built in RSB or a boss to add a scope rail . I had a few PMs back an forth from him .

We need a 308 win proof two lug bolt an trunion like I have been saying for years give me that with a few tweaks so I can drill a few mounting screws on it an Ill show you some nice rifles.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    Their receiver doesn't interest me in the slightest. Over the years we have seen several mfg offer up 1.5/1.6mm receivers in various forms, I don't think any of them ever did very well. At least with this one the extra material is on the outside, not the inside. So no shaving trunnions required, but there will still be issues with the top cover, axis pins and selector.
    I know nothing about these people so caveat emptor.

Edit: akblue beat me to it. He posted while I was trying to hunt and peck out my post. LOL
    Chief.. The 1.5 receivers were selling pretty good back when when we still had access to Chinese parts.. I grabbed two from Global Trades back in the day.. Paid $125 each for brand new Chinese kits, in the box..
    Slightly longer rivets were not a problem, they were available.. From what I am reading on the AKfiles link, guess I am not the only one with Chinese parts, looking for a trunion.. 19 mm if my memory is working on the barrel fit to trunion...
    Got to the last post and still not sure if the Man made the Chinese trunions.. I would love to grab one..??
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I Ihave spoken to Ken onhte ak files he is open to some custom variants like maybe a built in RSB or a boss to add a scope rail . I had a few PMs back an forth from him .

We need a 308 win proof two lug bolt an trunion like I have been saying for years give me that with a few tweaks so I can drill a few mounting screws on it an Ill show you some nice rifles.
    I agree with you Biggun. SOmeone needs to make a reasonably priced .308 trunnion/bolt that can handle the pressure. Heck I'm sure someone could send them either a Saiga .308 or Yugo M77 for measurement purposes. Then they could just basically make copies.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

A copy of a Yugo bulged trunnion or a PSL/RPK trunnion is all that is needed for .308. AFAIK. Mags and a bolt & receiver are the other issues. Though I have seen a .308 n a 7.62 length receiver.

A Chinese pattern receiver is thicker but not wider. The thickness is absorbed in a narrower interior and thinner trunnions.
    The OP was concerning a wider receiver that fits unmodified trunnions. This would make a wider overall width which would create build issues much more complicated than thinning trunnions.
    Last edited by akblue; 08-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.