Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: US made trunnions, GB, bolt carriers

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    A copy of a Yugo bulged trunnion or a PSL/RPK trunnion is all that is needed for .308. AFAIK. Mags and a bolt & receiver are the other issues. Though I have seen a .308 n a 7.62 length receiver.

A Chinese pattern receiver is thicker but not wider. The thickness is absorbed in a narrower interior and thinner trunnions.
    The OP was concerning a wider trunnion that fits unmodified trunnions. This would make a wider overall width which would create build issues much more complicated than thinning trunnions.
    100% correct akblue.. Damn so long ago.. Yes it was on the interior as I recall.. Back when I could still build, I recall even with the proper Chinese narrower trunions I had to polish them a bit, to fit.. Not much, just a tad..
    My God I wish kernel would hurry up with his time machine.. Global Trades out of Texas.. Warehouse full of Chinese parts.
    So did the Man on the AKfiles build the Chinese trunions or is he taking orders? Anyone know?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    100% correct akblue.. Damn so long ago.. Yes it was on the interior as I recall.. Back when I could still build, I recall even with the proper Chinese narrower trunions I had to polish them a bit, to fit.. Not much, just a tad..
    My God I wish kernel would hurry up with his time machine.. Global Trades out of Texas.. Warehouse full of Chinese parts.
    So did the Man on the AKfiles build the Chinese trunions or is he taking orders? Anyone know?
    He is selling the Chinese trunnions on Gunbroker right now. Not sure if he is going to offer any special deal to AKFILES etc.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=358241186

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

A copy of a Yugo bulged trunnion or a PSL/RPK trunnion is all that is needed for .308. AFAIK. Mags and a bolt & receiver are the other issues. Though I have seen a .308 n a 7.62 length receiver.
    I HAVE SEVERAL 308 WIN BASED AKS. ON STANDARD LENGTRH RECVIERS AS IS A 308 SAIGA .

THE ISSUE IS THE BOLT ON ALL THE COMMERCAL 308'S NOW MADE HAVE THREE LUGS . iT ALWAYS BEEN THE $64,000 QUESTON WHAT A AK BOLT CAN HANDEL .

ITS ALWAYS BEEN WRITTEN THAT VEPR , VALMETS, AN SAIGAS CAN NOT PASS CIP TESTIGN WITH A TWO LUG BOLT . i HAVE NEVER BEEN ABE TO FIND CONCRETE PROOF ITS TRUE. i DOUBT THEY WENT TO THE TROULE TO MAKE A THREE LUG BOLT AN SPECIAL TRUNION JUST FOR FUN AN TO DENT BRASS AS THE BOLT RIDES OVER IT IN THE MAG . I HAVENT SEEN A TWO LUG BOLT BREAK ON A 308 YET . i DO KNOW HTAT ON ON EOF THE OLD GALIL SITED THERE WERE REPORTS OF 308 GALIL BOTS BREAKING OCCASIONALY . THYE LOOK LIKE A STANDARD BOLT EXCEPT THE BOLT FACE .

IT WOULD BE NICE IF A USRE FIRE KNOW STONG PROOF TESTED US MADE BOLT AN TRUNION WAS MADE AN SOLD . IT WOULD COST NOTHING MORE FOR A COMPANY TO MAKE THEM . ID LIKE OT SEE SOEM PROOF TESTING ON ANMY US MADE COMMERCIALY MADE TRUNION AN BOLT. YOUR PUTTING YOUR LIFE IN THESES GUYS HANDS THAT THEY TEMPERED AN DID EVERYTHING RIGHT .

SORRY FOR THE CAPS iM ON A CELL PHONE DONG THIS .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I SPOKE OT HIM VIA pm ABOUT A MONTH AGO AN HE IDICATED HE WAS GOING TO MAKE MORE . ALSO INDICATED CUSTOM VARIANTS WOULD NOT BE A BIG ISSUE

Feedback Score

There are several examples of two lug full power cartridge rifles as well.

The Yugo M76 in 8mm and M77 in .308. The PSL in 54r and in .308 are all bulged trunnion double lug bolt designs.
    Not saying the three lug is not better or whatever., but there is a 30 year history of full power cartridge AK type rifles in two lug bolt design.
    I believe pressure-wise they are within 3 or 4% of each other.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thank you akblue..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.