Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: trigger gaurd first or center support

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rgl View Post
    Just joined does anybody hot rivet there ak builds
    The rivets are soft enough to do without cherrying them up.I would think one can ruin them if heated too much.

As far as the OP goes I normaly rivet in my trigger guard in first before I put my rails in,after I heat treat the receiver.
    What I normaly do with my rails is line them up and use a set of kant twist clamps to hold them while I drill out the holes for the receiver and drill out the holes for the rails at the same time.fit in my center support with a machine screw take mesurements for ejector and mag rails,then take back out cut and file to size.Re install back in with screw and check bolt and carrier fit with mag fit.i also screw in the trigger guard to test fit as well.

Once everything is fitted and runs smoothly that's when I'll start the rivet process.Rivit in the trunnions and trigger guard.Then spot weld rails in while I have the center support in with just the rivet through it but not pressed yet.I rivet that in after I spot weld the rails in.

That's just how I do it and I haven't had a problem in the years I've been doing it.
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score

sounds good guys i am just dragging my feet right now ....need to get out in the shop and start building. it would take my mind off of all the other shit going on.all my jigs are done and im gonna put up some picsas soon as i get a chance. thanks again guys .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.