Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ak-47Type 1

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post

jimraynor21. Geez sorry I never saw Gran Torino..
    Lol no need to apologize, thats simply the only time Ive ever heard them mentioned other than this thread. Its a great movie, old Clint(Eastwood) comes outside with his M1 and tells the slant eyed gooks to get the hell of his lawn. When the gang-banger types try to intimidate him, he proceeds to tell them about how he used their dead bodies as sandbags back during the war(sounds like your uncles perspective).

The movie promotes anti-racism but I wont spoil the ending. Its a good flick if you like Clint movies.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think I read that the Type 1 was issued, maybe on a limited basis, but they started having problems with the welds cracking and such, so they were withdrawn and the forged rec type was issued. 80,000 was mentioned, but nobody knows for sure how many were made, top secret info behind the iron curtain. "The Gun" by C.J. Chivers gives a good as it gets account. If you can get past the slightly anti gun rhetoric.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the link.

Feedback Score

There have been a few surface in the Pakistan area and Afghanistan I believe. And of course in the various Russian museums and Kalashnikov books published. A rare bird though. Very cool.

Feedback Score

Man I knew the article was interesting but I like 4th's story's better thanks 4th, Wonder if it would be possible to replicate a number 1 type
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Akfite View Post
    Man I knew the article was interesting but I like 4th's story's better thanks 4th, Wonder if it would be possible to replicate a number 1 type
    Hey, if it's made out of metal, it can be replicated. Just depends on how bad you want it. Personally, I think that would be a cool project, and I hope someone does it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Turbothis built a very nice type one clone . ill see If i can find a link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.