Gunco Forums banner

K-VAR Two-Stage AK Trigger For PSL/M76 (Opinions?)

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  762x39run 
#1 ·

https://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-922DS.html

Anybody have time and experience with these? How's the 1st stage into the second's break? Clean? Crisp? Dull?

I have a Red Star Arms 2-stage adjustable in my M76 and I am just not nuts about it. Was thinking of putting one of these in my PSL and then maybe the M76.

#3 ·
Yeah, the G2 and RSA are just about the same. I like the G2 as I like the lighter pull myself. Just a matter of taste is all. Then again there are quite a few good reviews for the Texas AK Triggers. I think that one problem with the RSA is that it requires you to notch your selector (on the PSL), also is a bit of overkill I think. I may look into the Texas AK trigger on a future project. Never really had any problem with the stock triggers though.

#5 ·
There are Tapco single hook and double hook triggers. A smooth pull and clean break. G2s have a definite 2nd stage where the hook will not release the hammer until you pull past the additional pressure of the back of the hammer on the disconnector. Some say that the Tapco G2 double hook feels much more smoother on the pull, with a double stage feel. I really can't tell myself.

Texas AK trigger is double hook. Some feel it has a shorter, crisper release and just a better feel and they seem to like the grooved trigger. Not as common a fcg though but people who use them swear by them. I only have a couple that I can recall having off hand.

The (K-VAR) Arsenal two stage is not bad either and they have a large following. I have a few Arsenal AKs and they are definitely nice shooters. If I trully wanted a 2 stage trigger then this would fit my needs.

I really never could tell the difference on triggers much myself but with so many firearms in my collections I guess I never became sensitive to light and moderate trigger pulls to the point that I really noticed. Seems a lot of reviews with varying opinions on which fcg is better. Really is a matter of personal preference and cost. I actually have no problem with any of these as I have them all in various AK platform firearms.

#6 ·
I have no experience with one. I got a trigger from Dinzzag arms for latest build, it was super smooth and super lite single stage. I recall and belieave they are hand polished as they said on website. These are match trigger lite, I warn anyone I let shoot it in advance.Its a awesome trigger for a sniper or target rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.