Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Magpul AK Mags-Anyone Tried One-Impressions?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Question Magpul AK Mags-Anyone Tried One-Impressions?

Knew they were coming, but hadn't needed any x39 AK mags, so I haven't bothered to try on. I very much like their AR mags, and was hoping that their AK mags would be as good as them. Without a metal inner frame with fore and aft lugs I just can't see it. I'd really like to see a quality aftermarket, inexpensive 5.45x39 AK mag. So, has anyone taken the plunge and tested one/more ??
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I just picked one up at Bass Pro the other day. Haven't got a chance to use it yet, but will try to hit the range next week, and will give an update.

Our customers are #1 APEXgunparts's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I know a manufacturer that has tested the MagPul AK47 magazine for use in their rifles.
    It survived EVERTHING they did to it.
    They even shot a hole thru one!
    They were impressed with them.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    http://www.apexgunparts.com

719-481-2050 Order Line

Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30 pm Mountain time

Like us on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/ApexGunParts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Saw some informal tests online. short version - they are probably a bit better than Tacpco but nowhere near Circle 10 or milsurp plastic mags.

If you need some range mags, they should be good for that but I'm going to hold out for the metal reinforced ones (they are supposedly working on) myself.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

how much they running?
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks for the info Richard!! And ODAK. Much appreciated.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If you decide to get one do the drop test on it if you have a beater AK, do a search on youtube for " arsenal mag drop test ", if it passes that then they are worth getting.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    If you decide to get one do the drop test on it if you have a beater AK, do a search on youtube for " arsenal mag drop test ", if it passes that then they are worth getting.
    Yeah that's a killer test.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

the vids i saw were doing less extreme drop tests than the arsenal ones and the lugs were still failing.

im waiting for the steel reinforced ones. i love magpul AR mags but i just dont think its possible to have an all poly AK mag due to the design (baring some quantum leap in plastic tech).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hmmm I just buy the original $10 or less steel ones that work as designed . Not sure why id want a plastic more expensive mag ?????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.