Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VEPR x54R Mags in a PSL??

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default VEPR x54R Mags in a PSL??

I haven't seen the VEPR mags and how they fit/lock-up. Are they much different than any other AK based mags, or are they like the Saiga mags? I see where Atlantic has 20 round 7.62x54R VEPR mags for sale. Says they're US made. Dutigaf, have you seen these? I know we were talking on another thread about trying to have someone manufacture some hi-cap PSL mags. I wonder if these would fit, or could fit with minor modification??

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have the SGM 10-round VEPR mags and they work okay but are single stack. I hear that they are working on a 20-round double stack mag but that may be just a rumor. The VEPR mags I have are not compatible with a PSL however.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BB,

had several people say that they were'nt compatible with a PSLs....

but if they bring out a 20round double stacker.... could we "make" them work? (i dont have a vepr)

if so it would be better than trying to get the PSL mags made that ive had no luck with.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have both, and comparing them I would say No.
    The ten round VEPR magazines are a bitch to load, I'd hate to have to try loadimg a 20 unless they come out with a LuLA loader for them.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thank you very much for that picture & compare shot!

hmmmm would still like to see one of those... might be worth it to try and fit one up to a PSL upper/feedlip section....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

OK, Tapco, I smell an opportunity.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LMAO...

i said the same thing on the PSL mags..... but they havent been interested so far.

Feedback Score

Vepr is single stack and very narrow. Will not work in a PSL and not much advantage as a plastic single stack.
    I have a PSL front end on a M76 receiver., it headspaces, cycles, ejects and hand feeds OK. I have gotten a Vepr mag to feed that. But a great leap backwards for a low cap single stack plastic mag. The original 8mm mag will not feed rimmed 54r.
    The problem is the milled M76 receiver is narrower than a PSL., so the leap of faith is to mill the M76 receiver to fit a PSL mag,. But if that is a no go on feed then I have a paper weight milled M76 receiver.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    OK, Tapco, I smell an opportunity.
    Dew, I actually got into an email discussion with Tapco regarding a 20-25 round PSL mag, but they said they have no interest at all. Very frustration, as I think they would sell like hotcakes. I think someone here said something about a liability issue with the hi-cap. All their other mags are basically the same capacity of the factory mags for the respective platforms.

Thanks guys for the feedback, especially Zoom for the side by side comparo. Yeah that on the face of it doesn't look doable. Like Sean said, I'd still like to have one to play around with.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Dew, I actually got into an email discussion with Tapco regarding a 20-25 round PSL mag, but they said they have no interest at all. Very frustration, as I think they would sell like hotcakes. I think someone here said something about a liability issue with the hi-cap. All their other mags are basically the same capacity of the factory mags for the respective platforms.

Thanks guys for the feedback, especially Zoom for the side by side comparo. Yeah that on the face of it doesn't look doable. Like Sean said, I'd still like to have one to play around with.
    ah but now you also have had this conversation with them... the more of us who continue to call them about doing a PSL run... maybe they will actually follow up on it..

but interesting enough that they said "no interest" to you... after they said it would need that big number to happen. hmmmm wonder what the change is?

we actually have some guys over on WG that are 3d printer accessible. MAYBE.. just MAYBE we can get someone to design & print one up in the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

vepr magazines for sale

vepr mags in psl
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.