Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AK Safety Malfunction

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default AK Safety Malfunction

Found this on another forum. Though my safety is not modifed, this does not happen on my rifle. Might be useful to check your rifle just to be safe.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the link. The info was helpful.

Feedback Score

I notice mine catches the disc. a bit but its never caused the hammer to fall.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I love his cutaway. I might have to make one of those so I can help newbies understand how the system works. I get locals that come to my place to borrow my tools/knowledge, and that would really help.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so let me get this straight he is suggesting to modify the selector to keep the hammer from tripping on a empty gun gun with the bolt removed

OK who the hell takes there gun apart with the hammer cocked in the first place???? And so what if it did other than maybe some center support damage its not going to harm anyone or thing unless your stupid an have your finger in there . a solution looking for a problem that don't exist IMO

His cut away looks about like the trigger dyno I made about 8 years ago an posted here , I don't have fancy paint which is kind of cool.

So now guys who see this are going to go grind there selector an get it hot an destroy the temper an eventually wear the tip out an have a really unsafe gun that can go off an kill some one .

IMO leave the selecter alone an learn to properly disassemble your fire arm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

No, it is so if you over rotate the selector upward past safe on guns with out the bumped out top cover (e.g. Yugo)
    it will not fire if a round is chambered.
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score

Here is a more detailed discussion that has various aspects of the unmodified or so called "full auto" safety/selector vs the "semi-auto". The safety aspect and explanation of the differences in certain AK's is also discussed. Each person can decide what it means to them.

IMPORTANT: Everyone should read this regarding accidental AK Discharge

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Good Lord!!!! Files and grinders don't belong within a country mile of a trigger group!!! That's what Arkansas stone's are for, and if your trigger group is that friggin bad,,,just replace it!!!

A bit of touch up with a stone and cutting oil or a buffing wheel will go a long long ways in improving any trigger group, you don't need a grinder or files for Christs sake !!!!! Those will just give you a real bad trigger feel and probably end up making it unsafe besides,,,not even addressing screwing up the heat treated surfaces besides!! I'd seen some real bad"trigger jobs" come through Pa's shop back in the day. And one of the things I was assigned to do when I was learning guns. We had an old universal stoning jig we'd use,,I can't for the life of me remember just who made it right now,, but it worked great. WITHOUT FILES AND GRINDERS!!!!!!
    Last edited by twa2471; 06-04-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: wrong process

Feedback Score

In order to mod a full auto to semi auto selector the left side of the selector paddle is ground away. It is not tweaking or smoothing a FCG but a whole different issue. Explained in the link I posted.
    Some will be concerned about this potential and others only note it and handle their firearms accordingly. Each to their own but it is not commonly known to all AK owners.

I do not believe FCG's are case hardened but rather fully heat treated AFAIK.

Feedback Score

Good info guys. I've been inadvertently fixing that safety problem since my first build and I couldn't get the selector lever installed after installing the FCG. I noticed then that one of the selectors I had was cut away as shown and have been doing that since.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.