Thread: MPK2 on Tantal

Feedback Score

Default MPK2 on Tantal

Optics Side Mounting Rails - Collector's Source DFW Hi, has anyone tried to mount the MPK 2 on a Tantal? This is what I got, The left side fake selector is removed.so I have a flush fit. This mount will work with this rear trunnion because the Tantal uses AKM spacing. The problem I see (I don't have the mount yet) is the rear hole in the plate looks to be in the same place as the safety/selector hole is on the receiver and maybe the axis pin retainer plate inside will interfere with the mounting screws. This may not be a problem I could use a shepherd's crook to replace the retainer. I know they're other mounting solutions. I just don't like any of them with the exception of the AKARS. I want to keep my original irons.Can these plates be welded? (not really an option I want) Any help from you AK experts would be appreciated. FYI I can not locate a side plate that was made just for Tantal very rare. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by straightsilver3; 05-01-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

FYI I can not locate a side plate that was made just for Tantal very rare. Thanks everyone!

There is a tantal side rail at the bottom of the page . you fail to mention what side rail your looking at installing so who know if what your trying to do will work..

RMP6 This replica Polish Wz.88 Tantal optics rail kit includes the lower anchor plate, upper dovetail plate, three plate assembly screws, rivet set and a fully illustrated installation manual. This is a very limited edition US-made CNC copy of the rare Polish Wz.88 "Tantal" rifle left side military optical mounting rail, carefully patterned from an original example and machined from high grade heat treated steel. The only side rail that fits the Tantal rifle!
    MORE DETAILS FOR THE RMP6

Feedback Score

Big Gun It's in my link MPK 2 Collectors source is no longer making the RMP 6

Feedback Score

C'mon Some of you guy's are the best AK builders out there. No one has tried to put a MPK 2 on a Tantal?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry never did a Tantal.
    But be patient I'm sure someone that comes on here knows, you just need to wait for them to visit.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Search tags for this page

mpk2 rail from tantal

rmp6 side rail

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.