Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: On the Fence-Thinking of Cutting Up & Selling My 9mm AK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Every time I've sold a gun I've regretted it. Save once

The good thing about 9mm is you can shoot and reload it pretty cheaply, even with the stupid prices. Might want to consider reloading!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I feel your pain. I've allready taken a bunch of pics of parts kits to sell. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I'll wait for the collection agency to start the annoying calls!

You could pay a bit more for a kit from sportsmans Guide, but get the four pay plan.
    I bought a couple 80% receivers from Thompson Machine to try & carve out for my A1 build. Tired of waiting for NDS to get caught up.
    Just got a barrel with front sight installed yesterday from AR15sport.
    If I sell anything, I'll wait for the next panic. ( Hillary)! Heh..Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I feel your pain. I've allready taken a bunch of pics of parts kits to sell. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I'll wait for the collection agency to start the annoying calls!

You could pay a bit more for a kit from sportsmans Guide, but get the four pay plan.
    I bought a couple 80% receivers from Thompson Machine to try & carve out for my A1 build. Tired of waiting for NDS to get caught up.
    Just got a barrel with front sight installed yesterday from AR15sport.
    If I sell anything, I'll wait for the next panic. ( Hillary)! Heh..Heh
    Cool, so you're building an A1 clone too. Yeah if/when I get to do one, I'll probably do an 80% lower and mill the portions off to make it look reasonably correct. I'll have to check out the 4 pay plan. I've never even thought about that before.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I second the reloading for it .

It would be a shame to destroy a custom build like that .

Id just buy the m16 clone parts a little at a time an not tell the old lady.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'd say NO, 9mm carbines are a ton of fun.. 9mm ammo is cheap.. just start reloading for it… at min put a bunch more ammo down the tube before you unload it.. ya gotta get your fun out of it.. B2B

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I'd REALLY like to build an M16A1 clone
    First off, I've got guns that I "don't do anything with". They're getting buried with me.
    Second, The ONLY thing I would lose that AK for is a FAL.
    I'm not really a fan of AKs, but, that thing is kool, it looks neat, you built it, and it's kool. Did I say it's kool?
    Hunter
    PS. I'll PM you my PO Box number in case you 'have to get it out of the house'.

Feedback Score

Krap, I knew I forgot something. Check out <www.model1sales.com> . I can't find a way of putting together any kind of M16 cheaper that this.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Do you mean these two?
    Model 1 Sales: M16 Standard Kits
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Do you mean these two?
    Model 1 Sales: M16 Standard Kits
    Yea, they're the ones. I put one of their 24" A2s together on a RockRiver and it holds minute-of-blue-helmet at 700m. Probably better but I haven't had a chance to go out to the lake since I put it together. Did it for less than $600.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    First off, I've got guns that I "don't do anything with". They're getting buried with me.
    Second, The ONLY thing I would lose that AK for is a FAL.
    I'm not really a fan of AKs, but, that thing is kool, it looks neat, you built it, and it's kool. Did I say it's kool?
    Hunter
    PS. I'll PM you my PO Box number in case you 'have to get it out of the house'.
    LOL. Thanks Hunter. I'll think of you and Rocster if I ever do get rid of it.

That kit from Model 1 sales looks pretty cool. I just have a hard on for building one of the early kits that were the real deal A1's from back in the day. 20" pencil barrel and 3 prog flash hider and all.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

9mm ak

9mm ak parts kit
pookieweb dyndns
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.