Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: On the Fence-Thinking of Cutting Up & Selling My 9mm AK

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default On the Fence-Thinking of Cutting Up & Selling My 9mm AK

I like it, but I don't do anything with it. Because of ammo price and availability I don't shoot it. The fun part for me was the building of it. It's the only one I can see getting rid of at the moment, and I'd REALLY like to build an M16A1 clone. If I wanna build one, I gotta get rid of one. (Agreement with the misses.) Any input. Keep or get rid of and why?? Thanks for the help.

Btw, it's a 2xtm magwell using Suomi drums. Bulgy 74 bolt/carrier modified of course. Bulgy 74 wood, with a Polish grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

oh-yea i like that one--

9mm ammo ain't all that bad --it ain't dirt cheap like it was but it can still be found for $12 a box at times for the good brass cased stuff.

hell if i wasn't "obama-care broke" i would be sending you my FFL papers on this one--

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks brother. I appreciate it. Yeah, it came out nice. I was real pleased with her. Put about 20 rounds throught it to test, and then it literally went to the back of the safe. LOL.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That is really nice. Where did the rear site come from..?
    (If you do cut it up I'd be interested)
    "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    |> Military training/history DVDs: www.loose-cannon.com/military
    Latest eBook: Build Your Own AK: Vol. II

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

2nd ah hell no. NO NO No. I have a deal with the old lady. She is spoiled rotten, gets the new truck and whatever she wants. Never never never sell a gun unless you are starving. No no no. Bad.
    Sold my Glock I liked but could not carry and made a mistake.. Ah hell tell the wife she has two choices, replacement on her or your keeping the gun?? Let us know tomorrow how you made out on my advice? Say that then sleep on the couch. Friggen A Bro, who wears the pants in your family? Man up Bro. Sheeeet. Sell what, I ain't selling nuttin Woman. . Dr. Phil consults me often, if I can't get you a divorce, nobody can. Trust me.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I'm with 4th on this one. I'll never sell another one unless I'm starving. LOL Sold 3 guns before and regret selling 2 of the 3.
    That is a nice looking firearm!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'm 50/50 on this one, if you wanted to sell it for something really special I could see it.
    But for an M16 clone, I don't know, that's a really nice build to part with for that.

Think about it really hard
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

eh i sell builds all the time.... cause i like building & theres only so much room or money to do the next one.....

so i totally get what your saying.

but this is NOT one id sell.

it looks great & its way above the average conversion for these.

you can do a m16 clone anytime for not much money... not a good trade.

oh & cutting this one up ruins the most important part.. the receiver with the 2xtm set up.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocster View Post
    That is really nice. Where did the rear site come from..?
    (If you do cut it up I'd be interested)

Thanks Rocster and everyone else. Yeah, I guess I'm gonna keep it. LOL. Rocster, I made the rear sight myself. Bent up some .040" 4130 and trimmed to the shape I wanted.

The emotions are what's been getting to my regarding the M16 clone. That's what I carried in the Corps in the early 1980's. Been really wanting one lately because of that. The 9mm while a neat little carbine, it's really just the look that I'm attached to. No real emotional attachment. I guess I'm gonna keep it though, and try and scrape up the $$$ for an M16 parts kit some other way. Man I realy hate hookin at that truckstop.... LOL. Just kidding.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

P.S.- Sean, I am kind of the same way. My total number of firearms seem to stay steady but I'll get rid of one, and build another.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post

Thanks for the compliments guys.

P.S.- Sean, I am kind of the same way. My total number of firearms seem to stay steady but I'll get rid of one, and build another.

roger that... or get rid of one... build 2... "honest honey i dont know how it happened.. must have miscounted"

if you really want to do a M16 i'll keep my eyes open, there have been some real good buys on thsoe kits recently.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

9mm ak

9mm ak parts kit
pookieweb dyndns
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.