Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who Really Designed The AK-47? Was Kalasnakova simply a Russian symbol not a invertor

Feedback Score

I found this on you tube Tales of the gun AK 47. Look around the 8 minute mark. MTK himself talks about this subject and the 44.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I don't really care who developed it as far as Im concerned they left the job unfinished . damn near 70 years an they still cant mount a optic on it correctly .

I have sat an stated at how I could make the AK parts look like An american rifle by putting a charge bar on the side or bottom to get the piston over the barrel gone . It would be pretty easy to move this an that an call the design your own . I have a cut up carrier for just such a project some day.

Im sure I could take a m1 an move the stuff around an get a AK looking rifle .

I have never understood the reason fore the short site radius an the heavy an complicated to make RSB when a GALIL type gas tube setup would have taken more than a few ounces off weight an cost a lot less to make an made the gum easier to shoot accurately. needed no latches to hang up on stuff etc.

maybe all the vodka made it so they could not focus on a rear sight that close to there face ??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Original Soviet doctrine on how to employ the AK was as essentially a longer range submachinegun. The idea was to have a row of soldiers firing all their AKs full auto at the enemy across the field, not sniping at them on semi auto. They were also designed as intermediate range weapons. The sighting system was developed accordingly. Note they went with the Dragunov as a "Designated Marksman" rifle for longer range/single target shooting long before we even grasped the concept.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

maybe all the vodka made it so they could not focus on a rear sight that close to there face ??
    That's possible

I have never understood the reason fore the short site radius
    it's the same as an M4, just forward more.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it was also developed with a budget of $50 or less per weapon.

mass production, low impact on industry and disposable--

last i heard mel tillis was responsible for turning over the top secret AK plans to kenya-- who quickly sold them to the russians--

Feedback Score

Most scientific, mechanical and astronomical inventions and observations are a conglomeration of known facts, theories, mechanisms and knowledge that are improved upon to create a better widget or more complete laws of nature etc. Such is the history of mankind. A stone wheel to a steel belted radial tire of today. Whatever works will see continued use.., the Molotov cocktail?

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Read the Russkies admitted they got the design from the M1 by Garand.
    Then read Hatcher's account about the development of the Garand...

"What goes around comes around." Or something like that.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score

Wasn't Manuel Mondragon the first guy to drill a hole in a perfectly good barrel, and fit a gas piston to the rifle?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the idea of the assault rifle goes way back-- the first one fielded in significant numbers was by the CAZAR--

i give the russians some credit for the AK it is a simple, reliable weapon with lots of firepower and it was cheap and quick to make.

it was inspired by the m1 rifle m1 carbine, STGs and the SKS. i don't thing the rusians stole the design of anything for the AK but it was influenced by other successful arms of ww2.

several light machine guns were gas operated as well so a gas piston design was nothing new by the time the ak came along.

i think the big challenge was not how to design the AK-- it was how to make in by the millions --cheaply.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Here I fixed it for you
    i think the big challenge was not how to design the AK-- it was how to make it cheaply.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.