Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help ID'ing this Mauser please?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default Help ID'ing this Mauser please?

My buddy picked this mauser up not too long ago for bout $100 he said, No real markings on it, its 7.57, and im thinking its a Portuguese Vergerio? But not sure. There are no crests, to proof marks other than an "X" or a "+" in a circle on the bottom.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It looks like a Spanish M93 Mauser, 7MM, that I used to own. They used to be common.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have to agree with Shadow Walker. L A should be La Corona. I had a 93 mauser in 7x57 back in the 80's. Shot well, mild recoil. Mine was a DWM made in Berlin though.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks very much to both of you! Much appreciated. How can i tell where this one was made? Or does the La Corona stamp say where

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up

I am probably wrong, but I am thinking that most Spanish small arms were manufactured in Eibar Spain.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I believe the correct spelling is La Coruna, although you mostly see it spelled La Corona. The 7x57 is only about 200fps slower than the 7mm-08 and I don't think the deer can tell the difference.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

7x57 is an undersung cartridge, but has taken every animal on the planet. Including 1011 elephants! W.D.M. Bell and His Elephants
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

As to the 7mm Mauser power .... I sold my Model 1893 Mauser to a cop I used to work with. He said he killed three deer as fast as he could work the bolt and pull the trigger.

I don't know what the limit was, but the limit in Alabama at that time was one a day for 99 days (or so I was told).

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    I believe the correct spelling is La Coruna, although you mostly see it spelled La Corona. The 7x57 is only about 200fps slower than the 7mm-08 and I don't think the deer can tell the difference.
    Bump for Moleman...Right on all counts. It does look like a La Coruna 1893 Mauser. The lack of markings is a tell-tale of some South American Gov. purchases between rebellions. The dead give-away is the rear site markings....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

7x57 is a great cal, to bad it's the Spanish, it is the worst of the Mausers, most were converted to 308, and alas still a shitty Spanish Mauser. You can, with some work make them fairly OK, they don't shoot as well as some of the other varients but they do the job. Main issue I had was getting mine to shuck a round into the chamber without jaming the bullet tip all to hell, polish and camber the ramp as well as a Timmney trigger and a composit stock and they work much better. Oh yea, if you haven't shot it yet , hang on tight, and plug your ears. They pound and they BARK!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.