Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mosin revamp for the 13 y/o

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default mosin revamp for the 13 y/o (GETS HIS 1ST BAMBI)

well the little shit tells me that he needs a rifle to hunt with. all i have are ak's and a few mosins. he likes the mosin but is not too thrilled with the original stock. got crafty today.

the rear section is obvious, the mid is pure mosin and the front is from a chinese air rifle. it aint perfect but what can i expect in a few hours.
    Last edited by smartbomb; 01-21-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score

I'd say that was a few hours well spent!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Awesome!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Very neet looking !!!
    Maybe a chamber insert for 7.62x39 ammo would be more user-friendly for a youngster.

VD

Feedback Score

wow that looks awesome dude! GJ

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    Very neet looking !!!
    Maybe a chamber insert for 7.62x39 ammo would be more user-friendly for a youngster.

VD
    Viper, he and the 16 y/o both have a mosin and shoot them regularly. this was "his". i showed him another sporterzed mosin (i think it was here--the heavy barrel one). he liked what was done so i was inspired by the grafted stock idea. the urban tiger stripe was all his idea. it must have come from some video game.

i will tear it apart tonite and install the scope mount and bent bolt handle.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

looks dam nice and was cheap to do. these are great guns to mess with. a 7.62x25 insert is a valiable or was from sports amn guide I have one it works. if you reload then just do a some lowere recaol loads with 125 grain bullets if recoil is a issue.
    about 8 grains of red dot should make a good plinker load as well. I dod that so my kid could shoot my 30-06 in the back yard. damm accurate to. researche "the load" on the net.

funny you mention video games inspiring the stock but I have heard my kid name off all kindfs of guns I have never heard of from some damm video game he plays. LOL

did you take any pictures of building it???

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

did you take any pictures of building it???
    no! i didnt even think about it until i was done. got in the grove and just started cutting away.

1bg, i have a mosin receiver and one of those monster mg barrels that classic sells. i ended up with it, along with a rock solid scope mount and bent bolt body. got all this stuff in a trade locally. i need to get a friend to turn down the upper part of the barrel. i am thinking i will use this stock as a mold. i have about 100 sq ft of carbon fiber and about 500 sq ft of carbon/kevlar. i have never hand laid a stock, but have done other things......

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking good Smart!!!! I think that bull barrel Mosin was over at Saiga12 forum. That was one wicked Mosin. I hope he's happy with it now. Sure looks cool.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Looks very updated. I think it's screaming for a detachable mag upgrade now!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.