Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jap Arisaka type 99 7.7

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Back in the day when surplus ammo was plentiful, you could buy a case of Arisaka ammo and they would throw in a rifle for free! Of course, in those days they also mailed you the rifle in the same box with no paperwork.......

Damn, that Delorean is gonna have to have a hell of a hitch to tow a 53' semi trailer, and a Caterpiller diesel engine upgrade.....

Feedback Score

lol thanks for all the good info guys, keep it commin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

the stock is going to be the hardest to find, but I do see them on gunbroker occasionally, bolts are around but headspaces gauges are tough but a little tape on the back of a original case will do. these rifles are superior and are in fact the strongest actions made, better than a mauser except for very late war last ditch rifles and trainers

they shoot nice we still for kicks shoot original rounds but mostly we reload using Graf & sons brass and 303 projectiles 3031 powder work real good

mum or no mum great rifles

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

hey jim thanks for the link! im going to a local shop today that actually specializes in military armaments to see what they have but if theres no stock there ill place a bid. however i did notice the stock has what appears to be a split running through the budstock to the grip ( across the rear sling mount) is that just a bad joint or an actual split?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default balls2elwall Got yah one.

Comes with "Mum" bayo, Nip sword, and case.
    Next time I go too the Legion. I will have my Bro Earl "Iroquois Marine code talker WWII" heave a chair through the glass.
    While he is fighting the commander, I will grab the gun and run.
    You pay shipping and possible commissary money, for my buddy Earl and maybe me.
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 04:32 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

funny part is what was mentioned above
    these rifles were a dime a dozen years ago used to see them for $50 at flea markets unused since the day they returned back to the states after the war. Nobody wanted to pay the price for Norma ammo, which in those days was like 75 cent to a dollar a round, so they collected dust. The only time I can recall ammo being cheap for these rifle was when the chinese opened up the arsenals and released all that chinese produced 6.5 & 7.7 ammo, before that we would buy the jap leather ammo pouches full of rounds with brass stripper clips just for the ammo. we even used the large rim mg ammo and turned down the rims on a drill press and used that for a while. In fact I still have some of that stuff, sarco was selling it buy the crate
    some of it started turn green a while back so we pulled the bullets and powder and reloaded with once fired brass, we converted from berdan to boxer primer pockets( this conversion can be found in the older threads)

nambu pistols( wartime general issue) were extremely cheap also but again, no ammo, no one made it commerically until recently, now look at the prices for nambu's

sprat
    sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by balls2elwall View Post
    hey jim thanks for the link! im going to a local shop today that actually specializes in military armaments to see what they have but if theres no stock there ill place a bid. however i did notice the stock has what appears to be a split running through the budstock to the grip ( across the rear sling mount) is that just a bad joint or an actual split?
    To save on wood, Arisaka stocks were made from two pieces glued together. If the "spit" is a perfectly straight line, you're just seeing the seam.

Feedback Score

thanks kernelkrink for the info, i keep hearing about stocks that have been cut by troops bringing them home in their duffel bags and dont want one of those.
    -Sprat- yea i used to purchase hornady soft point ammo for it several years ago when i used to borrow it for a range day. it was easy to find through midway now they dont even carry the expensive norma stuff. so i guess theres another reason to hang it up and stop shooting it.

-4thIdVet- that sounds like a good deal to me. I appreciate the offer.... im surprised to learn how much the bayonets are going for, so i may opt for slowly collecting quality parts for this re build and just keep tinkering with all my other guns.

Feedback Score

I think sarco had a repro accy package awhile back, dust cover bayo and scabbard and a sling, cleaning rod, for 70 bucks add a mono pod for 25 extra. My arisaka is a late war model so no bayo lug which I believe is where the monopod mounts to also. jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.