Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Mauser from bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

New Millett 4x16x50 side focus on the way. Can't wait till next Tues/ Wed, then maybe we can put her through here paces and see what she's got then. Have any of you other guys gotten a Nikon lately? Just wondering, don't know if I just got a bumb scope or what??? I've never had issues with any other thing made by them before, you??

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    New Millett 4x16x50 side focus on the way. Can't wait till next Tues/ Wed, then maybe we can put her through here paces and see what she's got then. Have any of you other guys gotten a Nikon lately? Just wondering, don't know if I just got a bumb scope or what??? I've never had issues with any other thing made by them before, you??
    Had some experience a couple of months ago with one on a Savage day at the Range. Nice, clear, liked it for the most part. I know what you mean about the side focus. After using it, I decided that Nikon was not what I wanted. A few of the Savage Nazis really like them and swear by the brand, and that holds a lot of weight with me...Those guys are pretty serious about their gear.....But I was not really that impressed by the overall package.

Please do me a favor, please take some time and give us a clear and concise range report on the Millett. Exact model, how it looks, how it works. I am especially interested in changes in focus and magnification, so; shoot at 300M, change focus for 600M without changing anything else, and then go back to original focus at 300M and tell me if the scope stays consistent. Same thing for elevation and windage....Can you dial in 25 clicks of elevation, and then dial it back and get a consistent impact point....

That is my gold standard of a good scope beyond the obvious like clarity, etc....

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You betcha bellson, I'll be doing some box drills with it to see how it performs. I'll keep ya posted on what I find out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Millett came and I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but ya, it looks pretty respectible for a $300 scope, I'm very impressed so far. I was worried about the "mil dot" x hairs, but there nice and fine and won't be an issue on those 300-400 yard chucks that I want this for. Thats what I was worried about most with it, most are to heavy, these are nice. The optics on mine are real good, better than the new Nikons for sure, but man it is huge!!!!! I'll bet its close to 2 lbs and big, no biggie for the Mauser though. I had to send back the rings, the ones they sent for it were 1", not 30mm , and they were in a 30mm package, DOWWWWWW!!! And the only ones I could find or had around here were too high for a proper cheek weld. More delays to keep me from shooting it DAMN!!! WTF!!!! Got our last fishing tourny this week-end due to iffy ice conditions and a pretty a good storm that will hit tonight, been dusting for the last 3 hours or so, suposed to get about a foot or so when all's said and done in the valleys and 2 days worth , never know could be 3 feet for all they know. I'll keep ya posted bellson on the box drills when I get a chance to shoot again. I really hate sighting in and evaluating something under adverse conditions, like a frigging blizzard!!!!!To many distractions. I really feel bad for you guys that live in the sun belt, you don't have to put up with this kinda weather, and have to plan everything around it, you all must be very disapointed, 4th knows all about it I'll bet. Shit when he was here he was shoveling snow too, now he's shooting gators in his back yard, what to hell?? Do I have to move South too, just to get some shoot time in?? Possibly, snows getting old, 5 months outa the year!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.