Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: arisaka or a nagant?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell i would keep it and buy a M-44!

anything WW2 has got to be worth keeping IMHO.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Here it is Mosin..

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin_Fan View Post
    Dumb question but what's a mum. Is it the rifles female equivalent to a dad? lol
    Like Jim is saying.
    Guess it showed it belonged too the emporer of japan.
    After the war, they let the japs grind them off.
    The rifles brought back by our G.I.s had the mum intact.
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Like Jim is saying.
    Guess it showed it belonged too the emporer of japan.
    After the war, they let the japs grind them off.
    The rifles brought back by our G.I.s had the mum intact.

slight correction if the mum is intact it was brought back before the war ended or found on a dead solider, or picked up in japan itself, the ground mum was done by troops in field surrendering in make shift shops, others say US armories, but mum ground rifles were brought home by returning troops, also interesting was that when the chinese opened up the arsenals in the early 90's and released their captured japanese inventory none of the rifles had removed mum's
    another tidbit that japanese troops were use by allied force after war in indonesia and malasyia to help control civil populations. in the mid 70's numerous siamese mausers came back on the surplus market and their mums were intact

keep the rifle, last ditch rifles, pistols from WW2 are collectors pieces

my advice get a Ar-15

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Problem with the Ariskas, in my research, is the price is all over the place.
    More I researched, less I understood what makes their value.
    Same here... but I finally got a nice 99 anyway.

Like anything else that's not in a common surplus caliber, you have to reload if you intend to shoot much. A 100-count bag of new Prvi brass was $39, $25 for a Lee die set, and it takes the same bullets as a 54R or .303 British. I bought a couple of Lee bullet molds but haven't cast anything yet.

Feedback Score

sprat, I got a couple AR's too. 1 is a old school A-2 with the triangle hand guards 20" barrel and fixed stock, just like what you see in all the vietnam war movies. jim

Feedback Score

bringing back a old post. I ended up selling the other arisaka and like I was told here I would have sellers remorse. Only positive thing is I sold it for a few more dollars than I paid for it.
    Fast forward 6 months. So Im looking at the local gun list for sale and up pops another arisaka. This one is a short type 99 series 32. Its got its mum ground off, also the stocks been sporterized. Cut after the rear barrel band, Its missing the front band. but this one has the anti aircraft sight post but missing the "wings" The bore is nice, I think its chrome. I may keep a eye on some of the gun board and ebay to see if I can find the wings and maybe replace the stock. Picked it up from a older gent who bought it at a estate sale yesterday. He told me he made a few bucks off of me. And still sold it to me for 125 bucks. Im happy, he's happy. I think this one is a keeper. jim

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

get some boxer brass from graf & sons they have projectiles as does midway
    good deer rifle, accurate and chrome lined barrel
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

well back to the old post again. I ended up refinishing the arisaka because someone carved some initials into the stock but not deep. Plus they stripped most of the laquer off of it so no harm done. Then on superbowl sunday. I go and look at another arisaka type 99. The guy didnt know much about it but his dad brought it back after WW11. It was priced at $200 which sounds about max for a arisaka around here. The reason I wanted it was it wasnt cut down or sporterized, It still has the bayonet lug, anti aircraft sights are missing the lead bars. Best part is its all matching! bolt parts, to the bayonet lug. now I need to find the AA lead bars, a cleaning rod and a monopod. Even had the monopod mount!
    Now the crazy part. I tried to work a trade out on a enfield rifle the other day. While we were emailing back and forth. A guy had 99 rounds of 303 for trade. So I end up with all this 303 ammo plus some 6.5 swiss (he thinks), 8mm mauser and some 7.7 jap commercial spend cases. So now Im on the lookout for a cheap enfield. If that doesnt work, Im going to try to trade the 303 for some 7.7 jim

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Jim my Bro got the bayo for mine, from a guy who specializes in bayonets..
    $125 with the scabbard..
    You say a "short version." Cut down? Check that again if you can.
    When I was researching them, the paratrooper models were through the roof in price.. Also the kids "training rifles."
    Lot of parts for them out there if you research..
    Something about selling my guns I just can not do.. Their like part of the family.
    Their not making anymore of these, prices will go up..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Have you considered converting a bubb'd rifle to .311-06?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.