Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: unknow 8mm Mauser ammo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks Blue Jack, I didn't know if he was a dealer or a friend. Myself I'd rather do busness with a smaller guy and try to help them out as opposed to XYZ Corp. myself, and if I can get things I'm lookin for at a bit better prices,,,, I'm all good with that too,,, just me.
    I'd really like to find a case of surplus 6.5x55 I don't have any blasting ammo for the 2 I got,, just fussy hand load hunting/ varmit rounds. And I really hate shooting them all up, those Noslers and V-max's are getting spendy now. I'M REALLY CHEAP,, and don't wan't to shoot them all up on a target. Fussy ain't I??

That's cool let me know if it's OK with him, I've got a FFL I've had for over 30 years so he won't be dealing with a crook if that will put his mind at ease. Thanks guy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

6.5x55mm rifle ammo ammunition - AmmoSeek.com

seems most of the surplus 6.5 swedish has dried up, the above link may help , but its spendy

samco im maimi www. samcoglobal.com has rounds with wooden bullets and blanks

ammoman has it too AMMOMAN.com. 6.5 x 55 Swedish

sprat
    Last edited by Sprat; 06-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks sprat1,,, I've got a couple unopened boxs of the wooden bullet ones for conversation peices. but those wooden bullet ones are no good for reloading, berdaned primed, necks peirced ,and that brass is rejects and very brittle, dangeriously so. Found out about that stuff years ago from some Camp Perry pro level shooters, positivly not good to reuse, OK for once sense the blanks are only about <1/3 the pressure of a regular load. But been told by the pro shooters not to reuse it,,, EVER,,,and a couple of these factory team guys were from Hornaday and Winchester, I think the other was. I'll take there word for it.

Ya never know though, someone might just stumble accros a case somewhere,,or know someone that does have one hidden on a back, dusty old shelf,ya never know,,,,, ain't going to find it if ya don't ask around!! Plus who to hell can afford to buy a Swiss x55 nowdays anyways, even finding a good one for that matter is a challange now, no matter what the price is. So maybe someone has some ammo to sell,, reasionable.

That Swiss surplus ammo is very nice stuff, N/C too. I'd just love to find some more of that. I sure could use some I'm pretty short of 6.5. The Privi stuff dosen't shoot all that great if you ask me and some of the different cal cases seem to have smaller than normal primer pocket holes,, 6.5x55 being one,,taking an extra step to reload them with a universal decapper die. GEZZZ!! That and some Hornaday ammo is pretty much all thats avalible loaded. Like ya said,,,, spendy too!!! I'll buy components and roll my own first. Still spendy but I've got 4-500 projectiles on stock already , so won't be quite as bad, but I need the most expensive thing,, brass.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WOW BlueJack, you got a good friend there, I'd love to get some 54r at that price
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.