Thread: Kar 98 Question

Feedback Score

Default Kar 98 Question

So I'll start off with a little bit of a background. My dad has been looking for a legit German K98 for a long time. A few years back he settled for a Yugo version thinking he was never going to find one. So a few days ago I had a buddy tell me about a guy he knew that collected antique firearms and I went to check out his collection which he was willing to sell. So I did the American Picker tthing and completely dug through boxes of stuff and came up with a German K98 Stock with some of the trigger assembly and barrel still intact. I knew it was German because it has the Wermacht Stamps all over it. So here is the question. Where can I find parts to finish this thing? I have looked around a little bit and found a couple places online but I havent had a lot of time I can dedicate to searching for parts. So anything would help I am really wanting to do a late Father's Day gift for the old guy.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Hello Abukai08,
    Check the SARCO and Numrich GPC Mauser rifle parts listings. There are other sources too. I gather that your parts are from a K-98K ???

You might also post a picture of what you currently have so the fellows here can help designate or find the needed stuff.

VD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Go to surplusrifle.com and snoop around. Hoosiergunworks.com
    Bobs Gun Shop- Royal Ar I've ordered from both.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Let me know what you need, I have some mis K-98 parts kicking around like barrel bands, trigger groups ect and I'd have to look to see what else I have, don't know for sure right now. At any rate let me know what ya need and I'll check for ya and if there's anything I have you need, send shipping and it yours,, free. That should be a good fair price. 0 $ +shipping

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

no go to gunboards in the classified section, there true collectors selling their extras
    don't buy that sarco crap or numrich

go here Gunboard's Forums they also have K-98 section where those guys can help you get the right parts

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LIKELY EASER AN CHEAPER JUST TO BUY THE WHOLE GUN. LOT OF FUN PIECING ONE TOGETHER THOUGH.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've sporterize so many Mausers in the past it's not funny and as you guys know those are my favorite gun, bar none. And if I have a clear pic of the markings on the reciever or put up a likeness, I'll more than likley have something kicking around that's right for that gun and all this stuff came off some very little used guns many years ago. Ya know bellsons done a ton too, he might be a good resource for some parts too and he sure as hell treated me Very Fair when I bought that engraved 308 Mauser from him,, just a suggestion. He might be able to help out too with anything I don't have free for ya. Don't go spending a bunch just quite yet Abukai08, lets see what I got for ya first.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.