Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WHAT TO DO WITH A MOSIN RECEIVER

Feedback Score

I will leave this here.
    Forums.NitroExpress.com

I like lancaster's rifle a lot of work was put into it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

After looking at the link above I now have to rush out and buy a mosin nagant to sporterize! My wife has an untouched mosin that she has declared "hands off".
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    After looking at the link above I now have to rush out and buy a mosin nagant to sporterize! My wife has an untouched mosin that she has declared "hands off".
    Make sure it dosn't have any rare markings ect, before you do it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THE GUNS ARE AGOOD CHEAP PLATFORM TO PLAY WITH. BUT IF YOUR GOING TO REALLY GET INTO IT MUCH I STILL FELL THE FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS SAVED INITALY IS LONG GONE BY THE TIME YOU GET ONE DONE RIGHT VS REWRKING A MORE TRADITIONAL MAUSER OR OTHER RECIVER. THAT GUY COULD HAVE HAD A MUCH MORE VALUBALE GUN FOR LESS WHEN DONE IF HE HAD STARTED WITH A MAUSER. IF YOUR GOING TO STICK A $1000 INTO A CUSTOM SPORTER ID NOT USE THE MOSIN.

NOW IF YOU LIKE THE 7.62X54 AND THE BARREL IS GOOD AN YOU JUST WANT A GOOD RIFLE TO KILL A FEW DEER THEN THERE GREAT. CHOP THE BARREL A LITTLE REWORK THE BOLT CLEAN UP THE TRIGGER SOME HOW AND FIGURE OUT A SCOPE MOUNT, ADD A STOCK IF YOU FEEL THE NEED AND YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD HUNTING RIFLE FOR AROUND $200.

I NOW HAVE A FEW OF THEM AN IM THINKING I MIGHT WELD UP THE BRIDGE MOVE THE BOLT HANDEL BACK AN DRILL AN TAP THE WELDED RECIVER FOR A SCOPE RAIL.
    WAS THINKING A HEX RECIVER WITH A HALF HEX BARREL IN 45-70 OR A 6.5X54r WOULD BE COOL. THERE ARE SOME GOOD STOCKS OUT THERE. I WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN ANY OF THIS IF I DIDNT HAVE A LATHE, MILL, TIG AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF NEEDED. IT WOULD BE A FUN CHEAP PROJECT IF I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO. OTHER WISE ID JUST BUY A MAUSER OR REM 700 AND DO THE BOLT ON ROUTE.

A GUY WOULD BE SMART TO BUY A FEW OF THESE TO STASH AWAY WHILE THERE STILL CHEAP AS WELL AS THE AMMO TO GO WITH THEM. I HAVE A ROUGH M44 THAT I MIGHT CUT DOWN EVEN MORE AN MAKE A 16" BARRELD OPEN SIGHT BRUSH/TRUNK GUN. THE EXISTING BARREL IS ROUGH AT THE MUZZEL END THE BAYONET IS MISSING AND THE NUMBERS DONT MATCH. MAYBE ADD A FOLDER TO THE MIX FOR GIGGLES AN A AMD 65 BRAKE OR SOMETHING FUNKY . THE GUN IS WORTH ABOUT $60 AS IS IN PARTS. I WAS ORIGINAL GOING TO CUT IT UP AN REWELD IT AS A VIRGIN RECIVER FOR A PISTOL BUILD BUT IM NOT SURE IM COMFORTABLE WITH THE LEGALITYS OFDOING IT. AN IM NOT SURE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score

Hello 1biggun,
    Why not build your M-91 into a Russian "Urban Jungle Carbine" with a G-3 flash hider ??? A 16 inch barrel should make it a handy trunk gun.

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im not sure what to do with it. its a m44 but its really rough I havent shot it but the barrel is not great. ..

A skeleton folder with a red dot and a break of some sort would be cool I have some g3 flash hiders. I was thinking the amd 65 brake would work better. maybe one of those spiked breaks. I have alot of better stuff on the plate before this.

maybe a SBR with a folder an a 14" barrel LOL

If you cant hit them you cpould blind them with the fire ball. or cook hot dogs with it .

Feedback Score

I have had the wild idea of making the bolt lug the primary lug in a pistol caliber build.

410/45LC would be interesting also, though getting it to feed would be interesting also...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 Mauser 98.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

mauser 98's are getting very scarce,exept for yugos,which is fine if you want to stick with a cartridge about the same length as 8mm mauser.I'm building an african safari rifle, 458 win mag, from a 1909 arg mauser, but I fear it may be the last one i get to build in a magnum caliber. Mosins are fairly cheap, and i would like to build a 95 mauser look alike, with butterknife handle, shanabel fore arm etc. But of course 98 mauser is best to build, just wish I could find vz24 for 80 bucks like I did years ago.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.