Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scout Rifle SCOPE for Mosin

ak9
    Feedback Score

ARMO
    I bought a mount for a turk mauser and "Dan" that I bought it from also makes /sells for mosins... Its a scout type mount that clamps/pins to the existing sight base . No modification to the gun needed and is rock sturdy. It has an elevation adj. too. He said to me he has scopes too.. here is his e-mail DANO5058@hotmail.com
    Ak9

Feedback Score

I already have my mount from brassstacker.com
    It is very nice quality as well. Ill shoot Dan an email about the scope though.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

On the scope just try to get at least a 32 mm other wise there a bit hader to use for hunting. Thats been my experiance with the "scout mounted" scopes. That and be sure it's a compact scope, a full size will occasionally drop the case back into the action from hitting the bottom of the scope on ejection. And that would suck with a "Rackasarous" standing in front of you!!! Those are the things I've run into before.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    On the scope just try to get at least a 32 mm other wise there a bit hader to use for hunting. Thats been my experiance with the "scout mounted" scopes. That and be sure it's a compact scope, a full size will occasionally drop the case back into the action from hitting the bottom of the scope on ejection. And that would suck with a "Rackasarous" standing in front of you!!! Those are the things I've run into before.
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

No prob. I'm not a huge fan of the scout mounts, but there OK. I had one or two before and with a 40mm your able to do a pretty good lead swing on running game with them, do stay away from the 28mm though, you just don't get enough of a good sight picture for my tastes. Might just be me,,, being an old geizzer and all, but the 40mm 3x7 compact I used on that one worked very well for me. I sold that one to a friend and he took his 4th deer with it in 2 years last year, that x54 will put a smack down on a deer!!! His brother got a beatuy of a moose in Maine last year weighinging in @ a bit over 1100 lbs, dumped it right in it's tracks from what I was told. Same gun.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    No prob. I'm not a huge fan of the scout mounts, but there OK. I had one or two before and with a 40mm your able to do a pretty good lead swing on running game with them, do stay away from the 28mm though, you just don't get enough of a good sight picture for my tastes. Might just be me,,, being an old geizzer and all, but the 40mm 3x7 compact I used on that one worked very well for me. I sold that one to a friend and he took his 4th deer with it in 2 years last year, that x54 will put a smack down on a deer!!! His brother got a beatuy of a moose in Maine last year weighinging in @ a bit over 1100 lbs, dumped it right in it's tracks from what I was told. Same gun.
    Sounds impressive!!!

I ended up getting a 2-6x32 Simmons scope. Got it for a $100 off. This is what it looks like, although, the scope has been moved back on the rails...

Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ya I thought it looked a bit far forwards, the mount looks a bit higher than the one I had too, any issues with cheek weld on the stock with it?? Some of the stick on neopreme will solve that if there is , and it's avalible in several thickness's, it can however damage a finer finish if it's left on forever. But I've used it on several guns before with decent results and on a milt stock it shouldn't be an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.