Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scout Rifle SCOPE for Mosin

Feedback Score

Default Scout Rifle SCOPE for Mosin

I'm getting my Mosin set up as a scout rifle. Can you guys point in a good direction for a scope? I'll be using this rifle for hunting. In western WA, most hunts will be at about 100 yards. Would like the scope to be able to go to 200-300 yards as well if needed. Would prefer a variable scope.
    Looking to spend about $200 for a scope. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks In Advance.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score

I have been using the Burris for many years. You can find a new one for about $250.00. Less for a used one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

railbuggy,

For a proper installation, that scope requires a) a "highwall" Mosin receiver (somewhat rare and what the PU mount really needs) and b) drilling, tapping and wood removal.

It also requires grinding and/or shimming to fit the mount to the Mosin receiver else you end up with either of not being able to sight in the scope or a really odd sight picture (assuming the reticle moves as windage/elevation is adjusted per the original PU scope design).

Not an easy scope to mount and not really a "scout" scope IMHO.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i had the same idea for my m38.i just picked up this one and installed it today. it is chinese and name is aim. it gives quick acquisition of target w/ both eyes open. rail mounts in rear sight mount. 2-7x32. don't know how it'll hold zero, but it was only 70.00 at the gun show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I wish I'd bought more M38's when they were $49.00 at Aztec in Florida.
    I like Trickyricks gunshow find I'll see if there are any on Gunbroker. I don't see cool shit like that at gunshows around here.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    This is cool, but I don't want to drill and tap the receiver. I just got my scout mount from brassstacker.com, I now need the right scope. Too many options out there.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrick View Post
    i had the same idea for my m38.i just picked up this one and installed it today. it is chinese and name is aim. it gives quick acquisition of target w/ both eyes open. rail mounts in rear sight mount. 2-7x32. don't know how it'll hold zero, but it was only 70.00 at the gun show.
    Take that thing out and let me know ASAP!!!
    I was looking at a weaver pistol scope, it was $210, 3-9x I think. Though I was thinking for this set up, I need a 2-6x or 2-4x. Really don't need more with this rifle.
    Polish AK 74
    ------------------

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Wish I could help, can only make a suggestion from your distance info you already gave.
    I'd think the 3-9x power would work ok for the 100-300 yard ranges, 3-4x would be fine for the 100 yard stuff, though I think your right about 6x being the most you'd need.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Wish I could help, can only make a suggestion from your distance info you already gave.
    I'd think the 3-9x power would work ok for the 100-300 yard ranges, 3-4x would be fine for the 100 yard stuff, though I think your right about 6x being the most you'd need.
    I bought one at a gun and it was not very solidly made. I ended up welding a steel rail in it I got from Guns Northwest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.