Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Mauser project

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    the recoil lug is on the reciver then???/ i was thinking a lug like is sandwiched between the barrel an the recvier on a remington or savage. I have always wondered why guys didnt add them .
    That's pretty much where it is, right where the barrel meets the receiver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Mausers use a built in recoil lug, that is meant to mate with a cross-bolt in the stock in original military dress. In most sporters, there is no cross-bolt, just a good bedding job that spreads out the recoil across the entire stock where the receiver mates into it. Take a look at the Reciever pics on the first page, where the front screw goes into the reciever is a "bar". That is the recoil lug.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I'm just waiting on some parts to come in from Midway. I will resume this thread when they arrive.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

INTERESTING. IM GOING TO LOOK AT A RIFLE TODAY FOR A ACTION.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Don't want to hijack the thread, but let me just say I have some Mauser rifles and a few actions if somebody is interested in trading. I have a need for an AK74 kit to build a frankenstein .223, among other things. Everybody should have at least one Mauser...

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Mausers are the absolute shit. I have built many. Some awesome, some less than awesome. All were excellent rifles. Just don't listen to JRS if he decides to post. He is a liar.

TWA has legitimate bitches on the Mauser I sold to him. I'll take his criticism happily.

Mr. Posthumus also likes my work.

There are about 12 others that like me too. JRS is not to be trusted....

BTW: I built two Mausers at the same time, one for me, and one for JRS. I did all of the machining, did not mark the bits, and then did not finish the job for two months. I installed the barrels on the wrong receivers, and JRS Mauser would start to wander after 4-6 rounds due to the locking shoulders being out of spec by 3 1/1000s of an inch or so. My bad. In my defence, I sent it out to a reputable gunsmith to correct at my cost. Since then, that Mauser has been perfect. JRS never lets me forget that issue. Never mind that the Springfield 03 that I sold him (full blueprint job) hits at 1000 Meters with Iron Sights 5 out of 5. One little mistake.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Just don't listen to JRS if he decides to post. He is a liar.
    Bellson is the greatest person in the world. Never makes a mistake and gladly gives all his builds away free.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Don't want to hijack the thread, but let me just say I have some Mauser rifles and a few actions if somebody is interested in trading. I have a need for an AK74 kit to build a frankenstein .223, among other things. Everybody should have at least one Mauser...
    ILL SEND YOU A PM. I DONT HAVE A COMPLETE KIT BUT I MAY HAVE A SPARE BULGY TRUNION , CARRIER & BOLT, RECOILS ASSEMPLY THAT MATCH

EDIT PM SENT .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LOOKING A ONE OF MANY REM 700 BARRELS I SEE THERE IS ENOUGH MATERIAL TO CUT OFF AN RE THREAD TO A MAUSER ACTION.

I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A 6MM BENCH REST VARIANT WILD CAT REAMER COMING IN THE MAIL.

A 19" LIGHT WIEGHT SPORTER WOULD BE SLICK A SNOT. ESPECIALY IF IT SHOT 1/2 INCH GROUPS. THE BARREL WOULD BE CHEAP FOR ME. ( IF I CAN CUT THE TREADS ON MY LATHE.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE SHORTER ACTIONS THAT ARE OUT THERE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO HANDEL HIGH PRESSURE. I KNOW TERE ARE SOME 98,S THAT ARE SMALL RING. I NEED TO STUDY UP.

HAS ANY ONE EVER SHORTENED A ACTION AN BOLT ON ONE OF THESE????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    LOOKING A ONE OF MANY REM 700 BARRELS I SEE THERE IS ENOUGH MATERIAL TO CUT OFF AN RE THREAD TO A MAUSER ACTION.

I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A 6MM BENCH REST VARIANT WILD CAT REAMER COMING IN THE MAIL.

A 19" LIGHT WIEGHT SPORTER WOULD BE SLICK A SNOT. ESPECIALY IF IT SHOT 1/2 INCH GROUPS. THE BARREL WOULD BE CHEAP FOR ME. ( IF I CAN CUT THE TREADS ON MY LATHE.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE SHORTER ACTIONS THAT ARE OUT THERE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO HANDEL HIGH PRESSURE. I KNOW TERE ARE SOME 98,S THAT ARE SMALL RING. I NEED TO STUDY UP.

HAS ANY ONE EVER SHORTENED A ACTION AN BOLT ON ONE OF THESE????
    Here is a useful diagram from Boyd's gun stock site. The M-48 and 1903 Turks are both intermediate length actions and bolts (1/4" shorter than standard large ring Mausers) and all the large rings will handle the pressures. One difference between the M-48 and 1903 Turk is that the 1903 Turk has standard vs. intermediate length distance between action screws, and uses standard large ring stocks. M48 requires shorter length between action rings. There are more stocks and accessories for the large ring standard length, but a lot for the M-48 also. The 1903 Turk uses small ring barrel vs. large ring for M-48.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.