Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NEED 6.5X55 SWISS SPECS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OK, here are the measurements for the base just north of the rim on 5 surplus Swede rounds:

THANKS A LOT. LOOKS LIKE ID HAVE TO SWEDGE IT DOAN A LITTEL ( DOABLE ) IN A 30-06 DIE OR OPEN THE CHAMBER UP.

I MAY BE ABLE TO USE A 308 BRASS BUT THE CASE HEAD MEASURES OUT AT .466 ON MOST OF IT. THAT WOULD GIVE ME ABOUT .008 CLEARANCE INTHE CHAMBER . IM NOT SURE I WANT TO RUN THAT MUCH. IM NOT SURE WHAT IS ALLOWABLE EITHER.

HOW MUCH CLERANCE CAN YOU HAVE AN NOT SPLIT BRASS??? AT THE BASE???

DO YOU HAVE ANY AMERICAN MADE BRASS??????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    THANKS A LOT. LOOKS LIKE ID HAVE TO SWEDGE IT DOAN A LITTEL ( DOABLE ) IN A 30-06 DIE OR OPEN THE CHAMBER UP.

I MAY BE ABLE TO USE A 308 BRASS BUT THE CASE HEAD MEASURES OUT AT .466 ON MOST OF IT. THAT WOULD GIVE ME ABOUT .008 CLEARANCE INTHE CHAMBER . IM NOT SURE I WANT TO RUN THAT MUCH. IM NOT SURE WHAT IS ALLOWABLE EITHER.

HOW MUCH CLERANCE CAN YOU HAVE AN NOT SPLIT BRASS??? AT THE BASE???

DO YOU HAVE ANY AMERICAN MADE BRASS??????
    Here is all I have.

PMC ammo:

Wolf Gold ammo:

Hot Shot ammo:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have heard there have been problems with domestic 6.5x55 brass because similar but different size brass cases were used, not adhering to original specs...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LOOKS LIKE WOOLF IS .004 BIGGER THAN THE OTHERS. INTERESTING.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO MEASURE THESE FOR ME.

IF I USE 6.5X55 BRASS ILL LIKELY SWEDGE IT A FEW THOUSANDS. IM HAVIG TROUBLE FINDING MAX CHAMBER DIMENSIONS FOR ROUNDS LIKE THE 308 OR 243. ID LIKE TO FIGURE WHAT THE MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE CASE TO CHAMBER SPEC IS AT THE CASE HEAD . THIS WOULD TELL ME IF IM OPERATING IN A SAFE RANGE. THE MINIMUM IS ABOUT .001"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hummmm,, I've heard quite a few say that the Wolf Gold seems to have more snap than the norm,, wonder if the larger cases fitting the chamber tighter might possibly effect velocity and pressures some,,,,,, accounting for what people are saying about the golds??? Anybody done any crony comparisons on commercial stuff??

When you get down to those tolerances every little thing can and sometimes does effect performance. Seriously when Fred and the old man got working on something it was crazy how perfect and tight they got stuff,,,,looked like an operating room scene,, but then why to Hell not,,,, half the time it was at the Springfield shop,,,,, it don't get much better than that!!! I just wish I'd been a bit older at the time so I could have picked up more,,, that was back in the early- mid 60's, man what a missed oppertunity.

Man wouldn't it be nice to have one of the universal actions with the pressure probe,,,,, could ya whip up some loads then,, or what,,,,OH BABY!!! Got to play with one of those many yearons ago, Fred being on the Springfield Shooting Team he had access to pretty much what ever. Of course while Fred was prepping ,, we got a chance to do our own up,,, YES!! Oh to have connections like that again.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the round is under loaded by US ammo makers due to the weaker actions that are out there in this calibur.

if loaded to 308 win or simular pressures this rounds an many more really come alive.

my 7 mauser on a 98 action with a shilen barrel is a turd with factry ammo but when loaded to strong reciver like the mauser 98 it is a really really good round . same for the 8mm, an others.

I dont have a chrony yet buts its ont he top of the wish list an I will have one soon.

Im going to be working up several wild cats a its almost a must to know what your getting out of each load.

id love to be able to test pressures accuratly . my first mission would be proof testing a AK action to see what it really can handel safely.

im going to be doing a 6mm wild cat on a ak reciver an it would be nice to know what pressures im running it at.

im hoping to have a set up that goes bang in about three weeks on a AK reciver in 6mm an a bench rest type rifle in the tame round soon to follow .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.