Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OPPS HOW DO I GET IT BACK.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default OPPS HOW DO I GET IT BACK.

I WAS PLAYING WITH MY MAUSER 98 AN I DPRESSED THE PLUNGER BY THE SAFTY AN MANAGED TO ROTATE THE THE END OF THE BOLT NOW i CANT TWIST IT BACK. HOW DO i GET THE BOLT END BACK INDEX SO I CAN REINSTALL IT BACK INT HE GUN???

BEFORE I GO APE SHIT AN USE A VICE AN PLIERS AN DAMAGE IT I FIGURED ID ASK. I FEEL STUPID ;(

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think u need to hook the sear onto the edge of a wood table(dont use the dinner table or the wife may scream) while holding the bolt body. pull down on the bolt which will retract the firing pin spring and rotate the bolt body. I wish I was at home to make sure I'm telling u correctly and post pics.edit: Be careful the spring is stout and if the "sear" slips off the table edge and your leg is under the bolt youll frog the shite out of your leg, or worse if u hit your crouch. Beleive me it hurts.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I did a similar one with an M44. I fought with the thing until it bit my finger- three stitches worth- but it popped back. I'm not going to do it again!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMMMM IM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS . ILL WAIT FOR MORE ANSWERS OR CONFIRMATION.

DOES THE PLUNGER NEED TO BE PUSHED AS WELL ??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

MY NEXT QUESTION WILL BE HOW DO YOU DISSASMBLE THE BOLT COMPLETLY

I HAVE A TWO POSITION SAFETY AN ILL BE SWITCHING TO A TRIGGER SAFETY AT SOME POINT . I DONT LIKE HOW I CANT WORK THE BOLT OR UNLOAD THE GUN WITH A SAFETY ON.

DO THE TRIGGER SAFETYS ALLOW THE BOLT TO WORK WHILE BEING ON????.

i HAVE ANOTHER MAUSER SPORTER IN 7MM WITH A DOUGLESS BARREL THAT THE SAFTEY REALLY SUCKS AS WELL AN I NEED TO GET IT APART.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

GOOD BOLT TAKE DOWN VIDEO IF I CAN EVER GET THE THING INDEXED PROPERLY AGAIN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

use an old style bottle opener to grip the striker pull it back until you can flip the safety on then disassemble.

one like this
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tle_Opener.jpg

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OK NOW IM REALLY SCREWED I WAS ABLE TO GET THE SAFETY IN THE CWENTER POSITION AN i STILL COULD NOT ROTATE THE SHROUD INTO POSITION IT WILL NOT SPIN. i TRIED TO RELEAVE PRESSURE ON THE SEAR AGAIN AN ROTATE AN I SOME HOW MANGED TO GET THE SEAR OFF OF THE PIN AN THE PIN IS NOW ALL THE WAY IN.
    WTF!!!!!!!!!

I AM ABLE TO DISSASIMLBE MY OTHER BOLTS NO PROBLEM.

SHORT OF SHOVING THE PIN UP WITH A PIN PUNCH SOME HOW i SEE NO WAY TO GET THE SEAR BACK ON THE PIN.

IT HAS A BUCHLER SAFTEY BTW THAT IS DOING NOTHING NOW THAT THE SEAR IS OFF

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IT HAS SOME THING TO DO WITH THIS AFTERMARKET SAFETY. i FINALY GOT IT COMPLETLY DISSASMBLED BY PUSHING THE PIN UP WITH A ROLL PIN PUNCH AN REMOVING THE SAFETY COMPLETLY BUT i CANT GET IT TOGETHER CORRECTLY

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM NOT HAVING TROUBLE GETTINGTHE SAFTEY ON AN OFF I CAN DO THAT WITH A TABLE TOP. IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE SAFETY HITTING WHEN A SCREW IT ALL TOGETHER.

I FINALY GOT THE BOLT A SSEMBLED WITH OUT THE SAFETY BY COMPRESSING THE SPIN SPRING AN THEN SPINNING ON THE SHROUD . I WAS ABLE TO INSALL THE BOLT INTO THE GUN AN THEN INSALL THE SAFTEY.

THE BUEHER SAFTEY LOCKS THE BOLT WHEN IN THE SAFE POSITION SO YOU CANT REMOVE THE BOLT LIKE IN THE CENTER POSITION OF A STOCK SET UP.

AFTER FINALY GETTTING IT i FOUND THIS VIDEO OF HOW TO USE A DIME TO HOLD THE PIN BACK SO YOU CAN GET THE BOLT OUT WITH OUT UNCOCKING THE PIN
    WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.