Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mosin nagant 91/30 with russian PU scope. is $400 worth it?

Feedback Score

Default mosin nagant 91/30 with russian PU scope. is $400 worth it?

this dude at the gun shop i work at wants to sell me a russian mosin nagant 91/30 with a russian PU scope. the scope is bought of gun broker by some russian dude and machine mounted by the guy selling it. The gun simply isnt original with the scope but he insists $400 for it. i want to talk him down to $300 cause he is a pushover about some guns. what do you guys think? is it worth $400 for a frigin mosin? or even $300 when i can get a mosin for 90 bucks without a scope. i can understand if the gun came originaly as a sniper rifle or something from russia, but it is not and the mosin is in fair condition. the gun metal is fine but stock is old and surplus worn. i just dont wanna buy this thing and regret i spent so much on one of the most abundant rifles in the world. the scope runs 200 or so but it is alil worn. decisions, decisions!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

my advice never buy junk

standard mosin and machined for the scope!!!! don't walk run

its not worth the is not worth $90, though the scope maybe worth $200 is the scope original is the mount original, if not its all junk
    save your money
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    my advice never buy junk

standard mosin and machined for the scope!!!! don't walk run

its not worth the is not worth $90, though the scope maybe worth $200 is the scope original is the mount original, if not its all junk
    save your money
    the scope and mount from what i know is original, but he machined it to the standard mosin. i just took another look at it. ima offer $270 max. or whats your take on a price to offer

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

$300-400 is the basic price range for a fake Mosin sniper, as mentioned the rifles are about 100, the scope & mount is about 200, so your also paying for the labor to mount it, so that explains the price range.
    But the main thing is the bore, if it looks rough or is counter bored don't even make an offer, just walk away.

If the scope is mark "made in russia" it's a repro scope, but that's not a bad thing, it's just a newer made scope and they are supposed to be made on old Russian tooling.

Also the rifle year range makes it look better if the rifle fits in that style
    PE - 1932-1936 (PE is focus adjustable)
    PEM 1936-1940, 1942 for a short time
    PU - 1942-1947
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

It's made in Russia no doubt. Has all the standard makings such as the hammer and sickle* I will check the bore tomorrow or so

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Lot of money for so so gun in a scope it's not that great to begin with.

Feedback Score

thats my thought biggun, for such a mass produced weapon, i cant see myself paying all that much for it. ill let u guys know if he cuts me a deal

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

he won't he is looking for someone who doesn't know any better, and hoping that was you

repro scope!!! machined receiver!! this is not worth it at any price no resale value

there are so many nice rifles out there heck allans armoury has east german marked mosins for $200 or get a stock rifle mis-matching triggerguard for shooter for $ 90 plus

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

YOUR INTENDED USE SHOULD DICTATE WHAT YOU BUY. DO YOU HAVE A NEED FOR A MOSIN WITH A VERY OLD DESIGN SCOPE????? IF ITS FOR COLLECTING ITS NOT CORRECT. IF ITS FOR HUNING ITS NOT VERY GOOD FOR IT . IF ITS FOR TARGET THERE ARE A LOT BETTER CHOICES . THE GUNS NOT GREAT AT ANY THING AN ITS NOT A COLLECTIABLE PIECE. THE SCOPE AN MOUNT ARE NOT THAT GREAT EITHER. IF YOU GOING TO BUY A MOSIN TO SHOT OR ACTUALY USE BUT A GOOD SCOPE ON IT AN BUY A MOSIN THAT IN GOOD SHAPE TO START WITH.

PERSONALY THE M44 AN THE OTHER SHORT BARRELD VARIANTS ARE THE WAY TO GO. THEY HANDEL WELL AN ARE NOT 10 FEET LONG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

here you go you want a real mosin sniper $ 800 and/o r one with the proper turned down bolt $ 155
    RGUNS - Bolt Action Rifles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.