Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a 7.65 Mauser today

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THESE GYS ARE GOOD TO DEAL WITH

AMMO OUT OF STOCK BUT THERE TAKING BACK ORDERS $17 SHIPPED IS NOT TO BAD. THEY HAVE THE RELOADIG DIEAS ALSO I SEE AN THEY HAVE THE BEST SELECTION OF .311 BULLETS ANYWERE. ALSO THEY SOME TIMES HAVE A .310 HORNADY 125 GRAIN VMAK FOR AKS THAT WOULD MAKE A GREAT HIGH SPEED PLINKER FOR THAT GUN . THERE THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAS THE HRNADY .310 VMAX THAT I KNOW OF . SPECIAL TO THEM I GUESS I HAVE USED THE BULLET IN MY AKS AN THERE PRETTY ACCURATE.

Graf & Sons - PRVI AMMO 7.65x53 ARGENT. 180gr SPBT 20/bx 25/cs

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

graf n sons is a great company to do business with but they are sold out of this brass

but midway does have it 100 for $131 and change plus shipping do not wait if you plan on shooting this rifle Norma Reloading Brass 7.65mm Argentine Mauser
    also fellow member has some he wants to sell as posted yesterday, pm him see if you can work a deal
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f208/7-6...s-worth-71000/
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Default Forming 7.65 from 30.06

I like the idea about making 7.65 out of 30.06, I have a bunch of .06 from shooting DCM at our matches. I'll post some pictures of these Mausers when I figure out how to size them, my camera loads pictures to the members gallery, but they are too big for the threads. I also use 30.06 to shoot hogs that get in my cattle feeders, it will be interesting to see how the Mauser stacks up next to a old Montgomery Wards 30.06.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

For your pic sizing issue
    Load them to your pc first then open it with Paint, at the top is a "resize" button, in that you can choose "pixel", change the larger number to something like 900-1000.
    Then load it to your gallery, or right to the thread
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    MY ARGINTINES ARE LARGE RING 98 STYLE THEY CAN HANDEL THE SAME PRESSURES AS ANY OF THE 98S CAN AS FAR AS I KNOW. AM I MISSING SOME THING ?????

THE FLOOR PLATES ARE WORTH MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE GUNS LOL

THERE ARE ALSO SMALL RING ARGINTIES AN YOUR CORRECT THEY DONT DONT HAVE THE THIRD SAFTEY LUG AN SHOULD STAY AT AROUND 50,000 PSI OR UNDER

THE 7.65 HAS MORE CASE CAPACITY THAN A 7.62X51 AN IF LOADED TO THE SAME PRESSURES IT WILL HAVE A HIGHER MUZZELVELOCITY ESPECAILY WIHT A SLIGHTLY BIGGER BULLET.

I HAVE A BUDDY WHO HAS A SPORTERISED ARGINTEEN WHO HAS HUNTED DEER WITH IT FOR AROUND 40 YEARS. HE HAND LODS IT AN IT GIVES UP LITTLE TO A 30-06. FROM SEEING IT SHOOT AT 100 YARDS AN AT 300 AN COMPARING THE TRAJECTORIES TO MY REMINGTON FACTORY 30-06 LOADS IN 150 GRAIN ID SAY MY FACTROY LOADS WERE LACKING. HIS GUN DROPED ABOUT 3/4 LESS THAN INE AT 300 YARDS BOTH ZEROED AT 100. MY BARREL IS 22" HIS WAS ABOUT 24"

MY ADVICE IS BUY THE REFORMING DIES AN GET SOME 30-06 AN FORM UP A FEW HUNDRED ROUNDS A ENJOY IT . IF THE BARREL DONT SHOOT THE WORRY ABOUT CHANGING IT. HOW IT RATES REALLY WONT MATTER IF ITS IN STOCK FORM YOUR LIKELY NOT GOING TO HUNT WITH IT OR USE IT FOR ANYHTING ANY WAY OTHER THAN BENCH SHOOTING .

I SEE THE FORMING DIES ON EBAY FROM TIME TO TIME THATS WERE I GOT MINE.
    Yeah I think he meant the small ring '91. I have a 1909 arg mauser such as yours. Most folks dont know about the 1909 large ring. The one I have is the only one I've seen exept in photos, that were orig caliber. I have loaded mine, in small increments, with 4895 untill there was no more room in the case for powder and had to compress it. Still no signs of over pressure. The grain of powder and bullet I dont recall, but it was significantly more than max load for .308. DO NOT DO THIS WITH SMALL RING! Even with a large ring I would work up loads carefully. I have a 1 gal bucket of '06 brass reformed and cut down. Easy to do, just reform '06 brass in one pass and trim to length.
    Last edited by mtdew; 02-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have never shot my two. Got a couple boxes norma but just never got around to trying them even got form dies.

I should at least see if there sited in LOL

Feedback Score

Default What are forming dies?

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I have never shot my two. Got a couple boxes norma but just never got around to trying them even got form dies.

I should at least see if there sited in LOL
    I've been looking on ebay, this may be a dumb question, but is there another name for forming dies? and who makes them RCBS, Lee, Lyman ? thanks- but I like the idea of using 30.06 brass instead of trying to buy anything nowdays.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Rcbs should have them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kamf181 View Post
    I've been looking on ebay, this may be a dumb question, but is there another name for forming dies? and who makes them RCBS, Lee, Lyman ? thanks- but I like the idea of using 30.06 brass instead of trying to buy anything nowdays.
    With this caliber you can just run the '06 brass thru the 7.65 sizing die. It forms them perfectly in one pass. Then just trim to length. I have done a coupla hundred this way. Doesnt seem to work harden them, I have had no case neck splits. Edit: I believe you have to remove the primer punch assembly so the longer '06 case doesnt hit it.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kamf181 View Post
    How would a 7.65 stack up vs. the .308 at the local range where everybody has .308's?
    The original milspec loads for the 7.65x53 are approximately equivalent to a low pressure .308, and inherently accurate as long as the rifle and bore are in good shape. As has been stated, the large ring 1909 model can handle much hotter loads. The 1891 model should be kept to milspec loads, as it is a small ring with less safety features.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.