Thread: ARGINTINE 7.65 MAUSERS TWINS 1909

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default ARGINTINE 7.65 MAUSERS TWINS 1909

WAS CLEANING UP SOME GUNS THOUGHT YOU GUYS MIGHT LIKE TO SEE A PAIR OF ARGINTINES . THEY HAVE IN WHITE RECVIERS FROMTHE FACTROY , BEAUTIFUL MACHINE WORK , GREAT BORES NUMBERS ALL MATCH ON BOTH .
    DROP DOWN FLOOR PLATES UNUSUAL BOLT RELEASE THAT WRAPS AROUND THE RECIVER . . THE WOOD IS OK ONE HAS A PATCHED STOCK OTHER IS GOOD DECENT NO CRAKS DNETS AN SCRATCHES FROMA 100 PLUS YEARS OF USE ,

I ALMOST CUT THESE UP ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO WHEN I BOUGHT THEM FROM A GUNSMITH WHO WAS UNKNOW TO ME AN OTHERS DYING FROM CANCER . I BOUGHT THME TO MAKE A 22-250 A VARMENT RIFLE

IM GLAD I DIDNT . ID LOVE TO FIND A BARE ACTION TO WORK WITH THATS AS NICE AS THESES. THEY CYCLE VERY VERY SMOOTH . SEEMS LIKE EVERY TIME I BUY A MAUSER TO MESS WITH I END UP LIKING IT AS IS AN DONT EVER MESS WITH THEM. I FINALY A BADLY BUBBAD GEM 98 AN SPANISH SMAL RING TO SLICE AN DICE .

I HAVE NEVER SHOT THEM I GOT A BOX OF NORMA FOR EACH GUN AN FORMING DIES TO MAKE BRASS FROM 30-06 OR SIMULAR . LONG BARREL ID NEVER HUNT WITH THEM . LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Very Nice!! I like to see them still in one peice,,,,I've sporterized so many,, back in the day when they were a dime a dozen,, But regret it now!

I still love anything Mauser,, that's why I own a dozen or more of them !!!!
    A sickness I tell ya !!

Kan't Help Myself !!!

You know what I like to do with them,,, I like to use some linseed oil/mineral sperits,, 75/25 mix,, on them and just rub them out real good inside and out ,,,with no other restoration involved. It really cleans up the uneven spots from any soaked in cosmoline and make's the wood " POP" ,, it makes the cartouch's stand out nice too. And helps put some of the proper oils back into the wood too, keeping them in better shape and it also helps draw out the old cosmo that makes stocks "punky".

Pratice on a junker stock sometime and I think you'll like the results. Make's it nicer looking with out restoring anything,,, you're just giving it a good cleaning and oil reconditioning of the wood with out affecting the original finish. If you got heavy grime 0000 steel wool help's , but be gentle,, you want the grime,, not the finish.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.