Thread: Remington 700

Feedback Score

Default Remington 700

The Remington 700 has gotten some reviews. Folks I know that have them find the 700 extremely reliable and accurate...
    There have been some reports that the triggers are off. Experts in my camp say that armatures should leave the trigger adjustments to smiths that know.

Anyone have experience with the Remington 700?
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THEY ARE A GOOD GUN I DONT THINK THERE WHAT THEY USED TO BE.

THEY USED A HAMMER FORGED BARREL AN THERE OUT OF THE BOX ACCURACY IS OK BUT NOT GREAT IMO . SAVAGE SEEMS TO HAVE BETTER OUT OF THE BOIX WITH THERE BUTTION RIFLED BARRELS .

THERE HAVE BEEN LOTS OF REPORTS OF ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGES . IMO ENOUGH TO NOT JUST BLOW IT OFF LIKE THE FACTORY DID FOR YEARS. REMINGTON WAS SUED AN AS I RECAL THERE WERE MEAMBERS HERE WHO EVEN REPORTED ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGES WHEN THEY WERE LOADED. I PERSONALY HAVE NEVER HAD A ISSUE .

THERE IS LIKEY MORE AFTER MARKET PARTS FOR THE 700 THAN ANY OTHER BOLT ACTION. THERE RECIVERS ARE STILL USED FOR BENCHREST GUNS AN TARGET RIFLES.

IM NOT A BIG REMINGTON FABN ANY MORE TO MUCH BS FROM THERE SALES DEPAERTMENT AN TO LITTTLE BACK UP OF STUFF HTYE RELEASE IF IT DONT SELL IN A YEAR ITS OUT OF PRODUCTION OR POORLY SUPPORTED .

IF I WAS GOING TO BUY A RIFLE AN NOT MESS WITH IT OR PLAN OF DOING ANY THING TO IT ID BUY A SAVAGE. IF I WERE PLANING ON REPLACINGTHE TRIGGER AN BARREL ID BY A REMINGTON . (MAYBE )

FOR A AVERAGE DEER RIFLE THERE FINE AN WILL LIKELY MAKE YOU HAPPY . THE TRIGGER WILL BE TO HEAVY LIKELY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY .

I HAVE THREE 700,S BTW AN THERE ARE MILLIONS OF HAPPY REMINGTON OWNERS OUT THERE.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I sure do like them. I've read all the same reports about the discharges... You have to get to THAT point and then back off a little and then personally fire the rifle before you can consider the adjustments complete.

If you go too far, it will fire when you cam the bolt.

I have never personally seen one accidentally discharge.

I've shot at least 6 of the SPS's straight out of the box, they are a very accurate rifle. All that I've handled shot sub-MOA.

BDL's, ADL's seem to pot luck, bedding goes a long way.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.