Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Savage 110

Feedback Score

Bought a 308 tactical a few years ago at a gunshow.do they do well?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought one of the Axis 06's to haul around in the boat and on the 4 wheeler sense it is something I don't have to worry about scratching up and I just can't believe how well that damn thing shoots for a 300 buck rifle. I think I got the Axis for 279 on sale at Dicks a couple years ago, and for the way that thing shoots,,what a bargain. I think I'm going to put one of the Accu-Trigger groups on it though, the one they come with isn't that great.

I've probably had 10 Savages, or more, over the years and I've never had one that didn't shoot great, they really are great guns for the buck. Not stylish or fancy like lots of others are, but there job is to get a round on target, and on that count,, they get it done very very well.

I'd almost be willing to bet that the Savages are the best shooting guns off the rack as anything else on the market right now unless you get into the big buck guns, and the Savage,,any Savage,,, would give even them a run for there money.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I had a 110 FP in .308. ( their tactical model at the time) It actually shot 1/2" 5 shot groups at 100 yds. I paid about $260 for it about 15 years ago. I really like the way Savage mounts and headspaces their barrels too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I was told the accu-trigger wouldn't fit an Axis. I put a "Rifle Basix" trigger in mine and it works great. I kind of prefer the single stage trigger over the accu-trigger anyway. (just my preference)
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I bought one of the Axis 06's to haul around in the boat and on the 4 wheeler sense it is something I don't have to worry about scratching up and I just can't believe how well that damn thing shoots for a 300 buck rifle. I think I got the Axis for 279 on sale at Dicks a couple years ago, and for the way that thing shoots,,what a bargain. I think I'm going to put one of the Accu-Trigger groups on it though, the one they come with isn't that great.

I've probably had 10 Savages, or more, over the years and I've never had one that didn't shoot great, they really are great guns for the buck. Not stylish or fancy like lots of others are, but there job is to get a round on target, and on that count,, they get it done very very well.

I'd almost be willing to bet that the Savages are the best shooting guns off the rack as anything else on the market right now unless you get into the big buck guns, and the Savage,,any Savage,,, would give even them a run for there money.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

there is a trigger for the axis/edge --the standard accutrigger is a no go for the axis/edge.

my edge has a pretty decent trigger bone stock-- somewhere on the interwebbs there is a how too mod for tuning up the stock set up for $0--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hey,, thanks for that info, j427x. I hadn't even looked at the trigger group yet, I had no clue about the accu trigger not fitting the Axis.

I'll check the web universe for tuning tips. Hell now you got me thinking trigger stuff, tomorrow after the festivities might be a good time to take the stock off and see what we got under there,,,,, just for shits and giggles.

maybe even do some fussing around,,ya never know with me.

Feedback Score

I polished the internals and the trigger is good to go just waiting on one of my kids to help me sight in.

Feedback Score

Even though I cleaned up the trigger on my savage tactical I was wondering if the accu trigger will bolt right in? Didn't know if they sold them really. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i thought all the tacs had accutriggers ??

the AXIS/EDGE is the only ones that a accutrigger don't fit that i know of.

Feedback Score

I think mine was made in the late 90's before the accu trigger was introduced.thanks for your input tho!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.